Thread: "I'd rather be a fisherman!"

Rebel66 Guest

Default "I'd rather be a fisherman!"

Have to say I'm really surprised that Smith decided to leave the team already, especially since it looked likely that he had made the team. If, as the paper stated, he said that he was fed up with hockey and wanted to be a fisherman then it begs the question; why did he bother trying out for the team in the first place and possibly stringing the team along? Maybe he was as surprised as anyone to still be around at this point?

However, this leaves the Rebels extremely thin on the D line right now. Any ideas what Sutter might do to help alleviate the problem?

edit: Sorry, hockey 101, didn't see your thread about Smith before.

no problem rebel66 kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you come to camp make the team and then want to become a fishermen i know there is big money in the fish world up there but please make your mind up not go through the motion and then say it's not for me. Leads me to belive that maybe it was not his dream but some elses if you know what i mean.sorry to be so harsh but good hockey player that would have fit well in red deer. Ah what do you do makes room for someone else!!!! But Who???? lets wait and see sutter had or has a back up plan look for a ajhl guy to come in possibly?
    whoooooo what are you going do when the rebs run all over you

yea for sure sutter never ceases to amaze