Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Training camp

your comparing helleyer to seth leonard there is no comparasion. Landon Jones looked better than helleyer at the intersquad game he prob will put up more points then helleyer

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach55
    your comparing helleyer to seth leonard there is no comparasion. Landon Jones looked better than helleyer at the intersquad game he prob will put up more points then helleyer
    How is there no comparison?? What did Seth do as an 18 yr. old.........NOTHING. He rounded into form as a 19 yr old and dominated as a 20 yr old. Hellyer has the skills to do the same thing. The same thing that many other small 19 yr olds have done in the past.
    From Parts Unknown

he hasn't proved anything yet, he sure hasn't done anything warranting to keep him.

1) seth leonard could skate with two hands on his stick waiting for a pass not running around with one hand on his stick

2) seth knew how to play his position and not running around

3) hellyer has no hands no touch

4) hellyer has no heart or desire

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach55
    he hasn't proved anything yet, he sure hasn't done anything warranting to keep him.

1) seth leonard could skate with two hands on his stick waiting for a pass not running around with one hand on his stick

2) seth knew how to play his position and not running around

3) hellyer has no hands no touch

4) hellyer has no heart or desire
    I am very glad you are not involved in picking the team....Load up with 16 yr olds. I didn't say he has proven anything yet. Leonard didn't either as a 18 yr old. Your 4 points are comparing Leonard as a 19/20 yr old to Hellyer as an 18 yr. old. Once again, Hellyer is a for sure on the team (baring a trade) and will play in the top 2 lines weather you like him or not.
    From Parts Unknown

here is the team without helleyer but i think he will be in on there

Goalies
    archibald-Brant Hilton (aime did good as well but hilton was a starter last yr in JR A

D-men
    AJ Thelen Landon Jones Mike Gauthier Evan Schafer Justin Palazzo Jeff May

forwards
    Dan Byers, Kyle Chipchura, Aki Seitsonen
    Ryan DePape, , Peter Cmorej,erikkson
    Ben Van Lare, Nolan Waker, Brent Ottmann
    Scott Doucett Daniel Lepp Josh Elder

with a couple open spots for some rookies

i think what westbeach is saying is would u take a chance on a 19 yr who hasnt really done anything so far(dont forget i like helly) and have a spot for a younger kid to come in i am not saying a 16 yr old maybe a really good 17 yr old you all know how ashton hewson played he would be a perfect fit here.

Helly
    Height 5.08 -- Weight 170
    gp g a p

WHL 49 13 18 31

seth
    Height 5.09 -- Weight 172
    WHL 69 30 30 60

that is what they both did as a 18 yr old

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyes
    i think what westbeach is saying is would u take a chance on a 19 yr who hasnt really done anything so far(dont forget i like helly) and have a spot for a younger kid to come in i am not saying a 16 yr old maybe a really good 17 yr old you all know how ashton hewson played he would be a perfect fit here.

Helly
    Height 5.08 -- Weight 170
    gp g a p

WHL 49 13 18 31

seth
    Height 5.09 -- Weight 172
    WHL 69 30 30 60

that is what they both did as a 18 yr old
    I don't think it is much of a chance. 31 points in 49 games as a 18 yr old is not too bad in today's WHL. I really think the game without the redline will fit his style. I may be wrong but I think Helly will have a big year if he stays healthy.
    From Parts Unknown

As everyone that sits in my section knows I don't like Hellyer either. He does float and he stops skating when he has the puck. AT the first training camp scrimmage Hellyer looked good, he was skating and making 1 on 1 moves. Now he is floating out there and just not getting the job done.

Everyone has the right to their opinion. The one that counts though is Anholts and I happen to know that he holds Hellyer in high regard. In saying that, Helly has to produce this year. He has the skills to do it and I think he will.
    From Parts Unknown

thats the problem i have with helleyer, he has the SKILLS but he needs to use them im not going on some hate campaign in any way on hellyer. I hope he can improve this year. I happen to know alot of ppl around pa that have the same feelings as me on hellyer.