Thread: Wuchterel Suspension

Default Wuchterl Suspension

from www.whl.ca

WHL ANNOUNCES SUSPENSION

-Michael Wuchterl of the Everett Silvertips has been suspended for two games under supplemental discipline for clipping versus Seattle on September 3.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Exclamation I would agree with that call....

I had a very good angle on that hit he made and it was below the waist. He's gonna put somebody in a wheelchair if he keeps doing that. Also, if you are going to cheap shot your opponants you had better be ready to drop the gloves, not turtle. I can't believe anybody would cheer for him after all that. He's nothing but a human pinball and could be replaced with a skilled puck handler. We have plenty of depth at his position.

Bob
    Book 'em Danno, HOCKEY GAME OVER!!

Default A voice of Reason

Ahhh Bob...you don't want to go down that road...lol. I've been saying this for two years. Wookie is not a good hockey player. If he was four inches bigger, 40 pounds heavier and liked to fight, he might be a decent enforcer. As it is, he has taken MANY cheap shots on opposing players. Some have been called, some haven't. He's lucky to have gone this long withour some serious suspensions. I'm no McEwen fan, but if someone did to an Everett player what Wookie did to a Seattle player, we'd all be calling for his head and cheering LOve, Ellington or whomever would have gone after that opposing player. The only difference is that opposing player probably wouldn't run away scared.

rinkrat Guest

Wasn't Wuchterel the player that Meszaros hip checked in Everett last year? The player went flying up in the air,end over end.One of the biggest hits I have ever seen!

I think you are right rinkrat.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Default Yes

Yes, he was. That was a great moment. I'm a big Tip fan and would LOVE to see a more skilled player take his spot. I am all for having enforcers, but enforcers are not guys who pinball around the rink landing some good (and sometimes not so legal) hits then not dropping the gloves or skating away.