Thread: P.G wins

Default P.G wins

Pats Drop Pre-Season Opener

The Regina Pats dropped a 5 - 4 decision to the Prince George Cougars on Friday afternoon to open up their 2005 WHL Pre-season schedule.

Trailing 2 - 0 after first period goals by Evan Fuller & Nick Drazenovic the Pats got on the board twenty-nine seconds into the second period on a power-play goal by Ian Duval. Prince George replied with two straight goals by Josh Bray & Mike Berube. With the Pats trailing 4 - 1, newcomers Tyson Sievert & Garrett Festerling scored goals fifty-four seconds apart to make it a one-goal game. Nick Drazenovic's second goal of the game less than thirty seconds after the Pats drew within one proved to be the game-winner for the Cougars. Colten Teubert, making his WHL pre-season debut as a fifteen-year-old scored on the power-play in the final minute of the second period to close out the scoring.

As part of the league's initiative to use a shoot-out at the conclusion of overtime, the Saskatoon Pre-Season Tournament is using a shoot-out at the conclusion of each game as a dry-run. The Pats won the shoot-out 2 - 1 on the strength of goals by Logan Pyett & Jason MacDonald. Rookie netminder Linden Rowat stopped five of six shots in the shoot-out.

Statistics (unofficial)

Prince George 5 - Regina 4 (FINAL)

SCORING

First Period
    1. PG - Fuller 15:22
    2. PG - Drazenovic (Berube, Parker) 19:40

Second Period
    3. REG - Duval (Sievert, Pyett) :29
    4. PG – Bray (Fuller, Featherstone) 2:11
    5. PG – Berube (Drazenovic) 7:26
    6. REG - Sievert (Leffler, Schenn) 10:04
    7. REG - Festerling (Teubert) 10:59
    8. PG - Drazenovic 11:25
    9. REG - Teubert (Pyett, Duval) 19:53

Third Period
    No Scoring

PENALTIES

Unavailable at Source

GOALTENDERS
    PG: Bowles
    REG: Reekie, Rowat (9:52 - 2 period)

SHOTS:
    PG: 9-13-9 = 31
    REG: 7-12-7 = 26

POWERPLAYS
    PG: 1/6
    REG: 2/11

Thanks Scamperdog! I'd been searching all over the place to find out who won. Hope this doesn't turn out like last pre-season. A good string of wins followed up with a disappointing season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they keep things rolling.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

next weekend they will loose two games, you can improve but the blazers will always be better

Oh...ok Scamperdog. I guess the season's rivalry has begun already huh. Being its the preseason I will say a split, but once the REAL season starts I predict that the Cats will have won the PG/Kamloops series for the '05-'06 season.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!