Thread: Cougars win the tournament...

Default Cougars win the tournament...

after beating Prince Albert 3-1 at the credit union centre.

How did the team look in a game situation? The paper here had a quote from the coach that he expected to win the games because they iced a much more senior team than the rest. Having training camp earlier, and a summer rookie camp, cut the numbers down very early. It would seem the only ones really fighting for jobs right now are the 20's. I'd like to hear any reports from someone who was there on how they saw the Cats.
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!

Post Well Sput

When I was at the game on Saturday Nick Drazenovic looked very good and considering that the Blades dressed a lot of rookies was a factor, I usually write the scores,PIM's and scratches down on the scoresheet but I forgot a pen, anyways Alex Alexandrov scored a very nice goal in the shootout, He has soft hands and good speed. I was very diapointed with the Blades but taking into consideration that your Cougars dressed an older team, I think that they had an edge over the Blades rookies,then again it is only preseason and it can tell a coach alot of things about all of the players that are on the team. there were four fights in the game and 3 fighters were rookies for the Blades. Sput if you want to know anything more just ask and I will gladly answer if I can.
    Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE; 09-12-2005 at 05:15 PM.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

I think a couple reasons why the Cats had such a vetran line up was they had a summer rookie/prospects camp in July (I think ) and an earlier training camp than most teams, and the fact that they only have three guys away at NHL camps. It looks like Vandekamp is just juggling the peices and seeing who fits and who doesn't right now. To bad Jordy was the first casualty, but best of luck to him in TC!
    I understand this is a rebuilding year, but come on boys!!