Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A huge drop in skill level for the Tigers this seson.

Default A huge drop in skill level for the Tigers this seson.

A far cry from St.Jaques, Hollweg, MacArthur. Could be a totally different season for the Tigers this year.

The young kids look good but raw. It should be a collaberative effort this year, hopefully lots of 20-25 goal scorers this year, with nobody really standing out from the crowd. A balanced attack. Defense looks respectable, goaltending should be ok. They'll do alright. Time will of course tell.

I agree! The Tigers will lose Meyer and MacArthur, their top 2 scorers from last year, but the rookies coming up will do alright. It will take 4 or 5 guys to replace the 2, but that will also make the team win and lose as a team and not depend on any star players to carry them. This years team will be fiesty and win games and lose games on effort alone this year. Look for this year to be a developing year for next year when they will make a serious run for the Mem Cup. . . . .IMO

Default th tigers

are in rhe same boat as the wheaties..
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

I sitll tihnk MH will be the top team in the central.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Rebels Rock Guest

Default rebels

well nothing against them but hopfully they arent lol...heheh.. i would obviously like to see the Rebels in that spot lol

If the Pusrny brothers both have 50 point seasons, if Helm and Dorsett continue to progress and each have 40-50 point season, if one or two of the rookies step up, and if they can find one more gritty veteran d-man from somewhere I think they'll be better than they were last year.

That's a whole lot of ifs however. I don't expect all of those scenarios to work out, but I expect two of them to work out. It will be a tight race in the central, and I think the Tigers will be in it until the end. Who knows, maybe all of those scenarios will work out and they'll be amazing. Maybe none of them will and they'll be in the cellar.

I'd almost welcome a year in the cellar. We'd get some decent draft picks and some of the asshead fair weather fans (like the ones who booed Nastiuk after his amazing game five double OT performance) will leave.

Default I think that 20's really are the difference between winning and losing.

Look at some of the best teams in the league recently. They have all had 20s that dominate. You need your best players to be 20 years old to really dominate or have a shot at winning the Mem cup. Not that we are in any kind of shape. We may not have a single 20 on our team at all this season soo...... that spells disaster for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior Fan
    A far cry from St.Jaques, Hollweg, MacArthur. Could be a totally different season for the Tigers this year.

helm russel psurny..this team is fast....solid goaltender...if the young dmen holdup alright..we could be the kootney ice of last year..a team not expected to do anything..but makes a solid charge in the end
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

If everything goes right, then yeah. Things could go the other way, if Keetley gets hurt and if none of the forwards step up it could get very, very ugly around here. I don't have much confidence in Neufeld. In that way the comparison to last year's Ice isn't accurate, as the Ice had a very solid backup. Plus there's nobody on this year's tiger team that can hold a candle to Nigel Dawes. But if everything goes right for them they could have a 90 point season. What worries me the most is Keetley getting hurt or selected to the world jrs. This team may be solid offensively, but they're nothing like last year. They're going to have to rely on their goaltending and defence. If Keetley isn't around things may get ugly...

I think they need to make a deal for another blueliner. Even if Barker comes back. They need to find someone like Marr. A big tough guy who plays solid defence, finishes all his checks and is a physical presence on the ice.

I won't say that they're all set up front, but they certainly are solid. What is really different is the notable absence of the physical presence of Marr and Blanshan.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.