Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ice Roster Down To 26

Default Ice Roster Down To 26

ICE ROSTER DOWN TO 26
    For More Information Contact: Sara Jerke
    Monday, September 12th, 2005

Cranbrook, BC – Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club, today announced that the club has reduced their roster to 26 players.

All six players (Adam Cracknell – Calgary Flames, Casey Lee – Vancouver Canucks, Dale Mahovsky – Atlanta Thrashers, Taylor Dakers – San Jose Sharks, Ryan Russell – New York Rangers, Brett Sutter – Calgary Flames) who attended NHL Training Camps have returned to Cranbrook for the start of the 2005-2006 Western Hockey League regular season September 23 versus the Tri-City Americans.

The ICE have 26 players remaining on their roster, including three goaltenders, nine defenseman and 14 forwards. Included in this total are four 20-year-old players, six 19-year-old players, seven 18-year-old players, six 17-year-old players and three 16-year-old players.

In other news, Kootenay has released 20-year-old defenseman Josh Saywell who will continue his hockey career at the Junior A level.

Not sure who else was released. I will try to find out unless anyone else here knows.

I haven't heard of any other players being released or cut as of yet. guess now we will have to wait for after the Yellowknife trip
    GO ICE GO !!!

I think they will do most of the moves before the Yellow knife trip. They can only take so many players with them and the expence of having players watching from the stands are not worth taking.

they for yellowknife already so now it will be after they get home.
    GO ICE GO !!!

Sealegs Guest

Default Exhibition Games

Are they on the drive? And as for the cuts I think it wil come down to how they play this weekend ....or who wants a trade!!!

Both games will be brodcast on the drive. There will be tough decisions to be made and posible vets jobs on the line. I keep hearing that Brad Cole is on the block and his performance has been not up to the teams expectations. There are a lot of new and big defence wanting his job. Who knows? a lot can hapen before the season starts.

Default Missing player is

Andy Bossance

Sealegs Guest

Question ????

What do you mean missing? He is listed on the roster? Is he gone??

Andy has gone home.
    GO ICE GO !!!