Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Schulz Traded To Spokane!!

charliehorse Guest

Default Schulz Traded To Spokane!!

David Schulz has been traded to Spokane. No word on what we have got in return. Some possibilities are Adam Hobson (18), or Ned Lukacevic (19). Either would be a great addition to the Bronco Roster

Default Schulz Traded

We all knew there would be trades. Not sure who we are getting. I would think a forward with a few points but you never know. Be interesting to see what Willis has to say about the trade. I guess we will hear more today on who we got. We are short on Left Wing. Spokane is top heavy on Left Wingers with 7. Lukacevic is a Left Winger who had 46 points in 71 games.

Scout

Default source????

Quote Originally Posted by charliehorse
    David Schulz has been traded to Spokane. No word on what we have got in return. Some possibilities are Adam Hobson (18), or Ned Lukacevic (19). Either would be a great addition to the Bronco Roster
    I see nothing about this on the Bronco's, Chiefs or WHL web sites.

I know that I am new here but I don't think it is proper to state something as fact with out giving some information on source. You shouldn't have to name names but if you were to say something like "I spoke to some one who is well connected to the Bronco office . . ."

This is the internet after all, you can't trust everything you read.

If it is true that Schulz has been traded, I wish him all the best. I believe that he is going to have a good season this year. Spokane is a great place to play hockey and has the best rink in the WHL, IMO.
    I think Zidan only wanted to see what would happen if an Italian took a real hit.

Red Dog Guest

Thumbs up Schultz is Gone

Well it's about time. I thought when we got rid of Fransoo it was going to be a good year and now Schulz. It just might be a great year. Don't need someone with his size and strength on defense if he is not willing to use it. Try not to get to excited on Dec. 4 when Spokane comes to town because I am sure Schulz will come down with the Trojovsky flue that he did last year when Matt came to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Well it's about time. I thought when we got rid of Fransoo it was going to be a good year and now Schulz. It just might be a great year. Don't need someone with his size and strength on defense if he is not willing to use it. Try not to get to excited on Dec. 4 when Spokane comes to town because I am sure Schulz will come down with the Trojovsky flue that he did last year when Matt came to town.
    Matty was suspended when he came back last year. I am pretty sure that he really wanted to play. In fact if I remeber right he won the phone call promotion and waved to the crowd and got a nice ovation.
    I think Zidan only wanted to see what would happen if an Italian took a real hit.

Default Schulz

It appears to be true. It is on alot of different boards. It was first posted by coach 2. I have no idea who coach 2 is but i'm guessing a billet to get the info. The team was out of town yesterday so it was non of the players unless it was Schulz himself and he knows coach 2. Three names bounced around from Spokane are :

Hobson 6' 206 lbs. He's a center who in 72 games last year had 10 goals 27 assists and 47 pim.

Lukacevic 6'1" 190 lbs. Left Winger who in 71 games last year had 18 goals 28 assists and 52 pim. We are in need of left wingers.

Both the above are still at pro camps and may be what the hold up is.

Third could be Salmonsson who is a Swede. He stand 6' 190 lbs. and is also a left winger.

I'm only guessing here from what i've read around different boards.

Scout

Default Thanks Scout

I don't mean to cause trouble, I just think that it is too easy to come on to the internet and make a statment and pass it as fact without a source behind it. I have seen many boards get shut down or loose credibility for that reason.

I am not sure that it will be the Swede in return for Schulz. Sunday at the Champions meeting Dean was still hoping to have Lelkes report to the team in October/November. Apparently Eldon and Dean are in contact with his agent. Unless that has fallen appart in the last day or two and Lelkes has signed in Slovakia.

Red Dog Guest

Default OH-Vee

Quote Originally Posted by Oh-Vee
    Matty was suspended when he came back last year. I am pretty sure that he really wanted to play. In fact if I remeber right he won the phone call promotion and waved to the crowd and got a nice ovation.
    You do remember right but what you forgot was Matty's suspension wasn't announced from the WHL until the afternoon before the game. Schulz told the trainer in the morning he wasn't felling good and that he couldn't play. I am sure had David known that Matty was out of the line up he mostly likely would have dressed.
    I know there are some Bronco fans out there that think Schulz is a great player but if he is too scared to play against a former player what kind of image does that show the rest of the Bronco's on the team. They all know why he didn't play and to keep putting up with that just hurts the rest of the team.
    You need someone to show leadership, desire and most important heart and I am sorry but he really doesn't have any of that.

Default I missunderstood . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    You do remember right but what you forgot was Matty's suspension wasn't announced from the WHL until the afternoon before the game. Schulz told the trainer in the morning he wasn't felling good and that he couldn't play. I am sure had David known that Matty was out of the line up he mostly likely would have dressed.
    I know there are some Bronco fans out there that think Schulz is a great player but if he is too scared to play against a former player what kind of image does that show the rest of the Bronco's on the team. They all know why he didn't play and to keep putting up with that just hurts the rest of the team.
    You need someone to show leadership, desire and most important heart and I am sorry but he really doesn't have any of that.
    I thought you infering that Matty didn't want to play when he came back to Swift. I didn't remember that Schulz wasn't dressed for that game.

I don't know what happens in the dressing room, but I agree that Schulz did not step up in the leadership department (on the ice anyways) the way I would have liked last year.

But like I said in an earlier post, not everyone is a leader, not every one fights, everyone has a role on the team. Apparently David chose not to be a physical player despite his size. Mario is a big guy and early in his career he chose not to be a physical player (mind you, Mario has slightly better skill than David ).

If your story is true, and David was afraid to play against Matty then yes, he lacks the character that this team needs despite his potential.

Default Spokane Trade

It has been confirmed on sports that Schulz was traded to Spokane. They also said they are still finishing up the details of the trade and there should be a press release this afternoon.

Oh-Vee i agree with you when you stated posting names and starting rumors about trades that were not confirmed. When it does happen as in this instance the only thing we can do as posters is to try and keep it as close to the truth as possible. I don't want our board to become a gossip board like some other boards out there. This trade i read on a few forums and had heard it around town so it did sound legit. Also like i said it was posted last night by coach 2. The players were all out of town so i'm guessing this came from a billet.

Scout