Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Captains

D.A. Guest

Default Captains

Rome was named captain today. Walker, Hansen and Vandermeer get A's.

Things don't look good for Moore...
    (but Walker can stay.)

WOW....No Letter for Pieper huh?

Guess I cant really complain about the picks though. I guess his age was against him......

Congrats to Rome, Walker, Hanson and Teddy. Lets make this another memorable year.
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

the way piepers been playing he doesnt deserve one..
    And i cant believe ROME got the C.. thats truly a disapointment

I think Rome was/is the most logical choice. As for the A's, it was up in the air. no disappointment with picks.
    Drop the Puck

Rebels Rock Guest

well i wanted .... roman Wick to be the captain..with teddy and jared and Pieper with the A's!! thats just in my opinion though lol

yes i agree with you wick for C.. or even Walker.. but ROME.. I hate that.. I wanted to get rid of him.. GEEZZZ he is the biggest baby every time he falls or gets hit he stays down like hes dying its annoying i hate it.. grrr bad choice

Rebel66 Guest

I'm not disappointed in the least with these choices. However, to think it was debated here that Rome was on the bubble. Guess not!

I'm a little surprised that Pieper didn't recieve a letter but you can't really argue with Walker, Vandy, and Hansen.

edit: Re: Wick. As much as I like Wick as a player he doesn't strike me as captain material. Rome was the captain of Moose Jaw before being traded here so he has experience on his side and Sutter obviously values him as such.

playa Guest

I agree that I think Pieper was a good candidate for a letter. Since it's a pretty big rebuilding year I thought a younger C woulda been named to carry on the leadership past this year. Pieper's preseason hasn't been the greatest for him though, so that likely worked against him.

Also, I am not surprised that Wick wasn't given a letter, I haven't heard anything good about his leadership skills off the ice and he's not a man of many words.

Congrats to the guys that did get letters I think they all deserve them in their own right. I think Rome has shown improvement in attitude since he had his C taken away in MJ last year. I'm sure he'll lead the team well. Best of luck to him....

Rome as captain eh? I too am surprised.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Rebels Rock Guest

thank god roman is coming back lol..but anyway..not that i think the goalies this year should be but i was wondering if goalies could ever be a captain?or even assistant captains?
    Last edited by Tinner; 09-23-2005 at 12:42 PM. Reason: spelling