Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kelowna beats Vancouver in Shoot-out.

Default Kelowna beats Vancouver in Shoot-out.

So the Giants lost tonights game against Kelowna in a shoot-out.

Final Score after Overtime was 2-2, Bartley with a pair in the first, Hill and Card. 38-21 shots for the Giants.

Yeomans saved, all 3 shots, Bartley, Kraus, Rutherford. Keller got the winner, Bodie missed for Kelowna.

Watched the game on the internet feed. It was not very good. In fact it was really hard to see most anything except the players uniforms. I'd like to offer more comments on the game - but I only got to watch the third period since the 1st 2 periods were extremely choppy. The 3rd I actually got to watch the entire game with no pauses.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    So the Giants lost tonights game against Kelowna in a shoot-out.

Final Score after Overtime was 2-2, Bartley with a pair in the first, Hill and Card. 38-21 shots for the Giants.

Yeomans saved, all 3 shots, Bartley, Kraus, Rutherford. Keller got the winner, Bodie missed for Kelowna.

Watched the game on the internet feed. It was not very good. In fact it was really hard to see most anything except the players uniforms. I'd like to offer more comments on the game - but I only got to watch the third period since the 1st 2 periods were extremely choppy. The 3rd I actually got to watch the entire game with no pauses.

Beaner, read my post in the general lounge, i kinda recapped my thoughts on the webcast.....i wasnt happy

Good game tonite, Giants came up unlucky more then a few times....Yeomans got better as the game went on.

I like the excitement of the shoot outs.

It is tough to see a loss in a shoutout, but those are the rules and i will just have to get used to them.

3 Stars

1 - Derek Yeomans - Kelowna

2 - Mitch Bartley - Vancouver

3 - Chris Ray - Kelowna

Quote Originally Posted by langdak
    Beaner, read my post in the general lounge, i kinda recapped my thoughts on the webcast.....i wasnt happy
    Heh - I posted as well. Looks like we both had the same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by langdak
    Good game tonite, Giants came up unlucky more then a few times....Yeomans got better as the game went on.

I like the excitement of the shoot outs.

It is tough to see a loss in a shoutout, but those are the rules and i will just have to get used to them.
    The shoot-out was exciting, tough way to lose, but for the excitement factor I like it.

Yeomans did play very well.

Maybe it is your monitor? Iwas talking to Colin Long's parents and they called back to California and people there said the video was pretty good? I can only offer that as a explaination? Maybe they are on high speed connection and your dial up?

As for the game the Giants really out shot the Rockets almost two to one and they owned the first period. The Rockets looked rusty and started to get going in the second and made for a not bad game.

There wasn't as many penaltys as I thought there would be, but there was still alot. Rehman called a pretty even game

Shoot out was pretty exciting if your a Rocket fan and is much better than a tie.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Jovorock
    Maybe it is your monitor? Iwas talking to Colin Long's parents and they called back to California and people there said the video was pretty good? I can only offer that as a explaination? Maybe they are on high speed connection and your dial up?
    I played with monitor the entire game, I dont think that's the problem. You could really tell the difference between the Kelowna game and PG game. I am going to check out a few of the archived games today and see whats up.

Forgot to add - I watched a bunch of the games when they were free for the OHL as well as the Everett games and the MJ games and never saw the ice that bright in any of them. I am 99% sure it is an operator or camera equipment problem.
    Last edited by Beaner; 09-24-2005 at 11:09 AM.

Default From what i heard

all teams had to spend some bucks to upgrade all the cameras for the webcast. i know the Rockets spent a fortune on the new system.

It will probably just take some time to tweek their systems to improve the quality of the picture.

But you are right, it probably is operator error.

Go Rockets Go!!!

Crosby rules Guest

Default games

hey beaner, r these games on the net? if so, where do i go to catch them?

thanks in advance.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Crosby rules
    hey beaner, r these games on the net? if so, where do i go to catch them?

thanks in advance.

Mike
    All the games this year are broadcast, for a fee.

http://livestream.whl.ca/

You might want to read some of the threads in general discussion about the quality. It seems to be improving, from the opening night snafu, but some feeds are a lot better than others, and some are just plain bad.

Kelownas feed last night was better last night for the portland game fyi.

I'm with Beaner on this deal on several points. The first is that it has to be error on the video end of the broadcasst. I have high speed Dsl and still seen the choppy feed beaner was talking about. Kelownas video was pretty decent but the audio was pretty fuzzy and scratchy. Kootenay and PG need to get brighter lighting over their rinks and that should help thier video quality. Regina was pretty descent but I dont recall any audio at all.
    Kamloops is definately the feed to be watching. They really rocked!