Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Cranbrook, home of the Kootenay Ice

Wow did I miss much or what.

When did they move The Ice into the Alberta division I know Chilliwak was coming online this year but why move them all the way over the rockies.

And don't they now have 6 teams in one eastern division.

Why not just leave Kootney in the BC division it makes the interior games much better with Kelowna. Kamloops, PG. It must be as far to Van City as Calgary from Kootney it is pretty far east from the coast.

And whats up with 21 teams now? Are they going to add more.

Simon in London

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar
    Wow did I miss much or what.

When did they move The Ice into the Alberta division I know Chilliwak was coming online this year but why move them all the way over the rockies.

And don't they now have 6 teams in one eastern division.

Why not just leave Kootney in the BC division it makes the interior games much better with Kelowna. Kamloops, PG. It must be as far to Van City as Calgary from Kootney it is pretty far east from the coast.

And whats up with 21 teams now? Are they going to add more.

Simon in London
    Cranbrook (home of the Kootenay Ice) is alot closer to Calgary. Calgary is about a 4 hour road trip where as Vancouver is about 10-11 hours. Accually, every team in the central, with the exception of Red deer, is closer than every team in the B.C. division. So travel wise, the move is good for the Ice

Quote Originally Posted by In the crowd
    Cranbrook (home of the Kootenay Ice) is alot closer to Calgary. Calgary is about a 4 hour road trip where as Vancouver is about 10-11 hours. Accually, every team in the central, with the exception of Red deer, is closer than every team in the B.C. division. So travel wise, the move is good for the Ice
    Yet isn't the Ice's schedule somewhat skewed to more BC games, than Eastern Division games? IIRC, that was the case prior to the move into the BC Division, and may have been carried over with their return (yes I am too lazy to look that up )

Quote Originally Posted by CHtoo
    Man that's a far cry from the old barn. Hopefully get there one of these days.
    IR watching many Cranbrook Royal matches in the past in the Memorial Arena, it seemed so big growing up there. However upon my return to watch the Ice play after many years of absence, it was almost a claustrophobic feeling. I thought the Sportsplex should have 5K seating, but seeing the support that the Ice are getting, even in the playoffs now, that number isn't necessary, sadly enough.

Congratulations to Lethbridge, I didn't think that it would work out this way given that the Ice had little difficulty with the Canes during the season.

Another great season for our Ice though, you have to appreciate the efforts of all the team players, and the Coaching that allows us to post a solid on ice team year after year. Way to go Ice, we are proud that your represent Cranbrook!

Smile Arena

How many actual seats are there. Looks like a very nice facility;

Scars are just tattoo's with better stories!

Is Calgary the closest airport, or Kelowna?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

the Canadian Rockies International airport is closest. ten minutes from town.

we get connecting flights from Calgary daily
    GO ICE GO !!!

If you are wondering between Kelowna and Calgary, than Calgary by a couple hours. Calgary is about a 4 hour drive and Kelowna about 5 1/2 - 6 hours driving time.