Thread: Welcome to Cranbrook, home of the Kootenay Ice

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar
    Wow did I miss much or what.

When did they move The Ice into the Alberta division I know Chilliwak was coming online this year but why move them all the way over the rockies.

And don't they now have 6 teams in one eastern division.

Why not just leave Kootney in the BC division it makes the interior games much better with Kelowna. Kamloops, PG. It must be as far to Van City as Calgary from Kootney it is pretty far east from the coast.

And whats up with 21 teams now? Are they going to add more.

Simon in London
    Cranbrook (home of the Kootenay Ice) is alot closer to Calgary. Calgary is about a 4 hour road trip where as Vancouver is about 10-11 hours. Accually, every team in the central, with the exception of Red deer, is closer than every team in the B.C. division. So travel wise, the move is good for the Ice

Quote Originally Posted by In the crowd
    Cranbrook (home of the Kootenay Ice) is alot closer to Calgary. Calgary is about a 4 hour road trip where as Vancouver is about 10-11 hours. Accually, every team in the central, with the exception of Red deer, is closer than every team in the B.C. division. So travel wise, the move is good for the Ice
    Yet isn't the Ice's schedule somewhat skewed to more BC games, than Eastern Division games? IIRC, that was the case prior to the move into the BC Division, and may have been carried over with their return (yes I am too lazy to look that up )