Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Card

Default Fight Card

In this thread I am going to try and keep track of the Tips fights for the 2005-2006 season.

Fight 1, Sept 24th, Evt @ Kamloops. Mark Kress Vs. Brennan Chapman.

I wasn't at the game, but this from a loyal Tips fan: Kress got his $#% handed to him by Chapman. Not a smart move to go after a guy like Chapman who can fight when you haven't fought in who knows how long.

Decision: Loss
    Team Fight YTD Record: 0-1-0 (W-L-T)

Heshkak Guest

Ha. Good idea for a thread.

Default Fight 2

Prince George at Everett:
    Myles Zimmer Vs. Randy King

Not much of a fight here. King wanted to go and Zimmer didn't. Zimmer hit one of Everett's players in front of the net and King took exception to it, coming to his defense. I'm not sure Zimmer ever even threw a punch, better yet landed one. King threw about 10 or 11 punches, but only landed 1, maybe 2. He threw his last one hard and Zimmer ducked. The momentum took King forward and down. They both fell &, although Zimmer landed on top, you can't give him points for a take down.

Decision: King (Only one who landed punches)
    Fight Record: 1-1-0

Default Fight Three

Game 4. Spokane @ Everett
    Chris Bruton Vs. Jonathan Harty

Both plyayers dropped the gloves right after the faceoff and showed their intentions. After almost two full circles around each other they came together and immediately Harty could be seen as the aggressor. While he threw tons of punches, he probably landed a good 3 to 4 solid shots. Bruton, who only got off 3 or 4 punches maybe landed one. Harty tried to pull Bruton's Jersey up, and in doing so, fell backwards. Bruton landed on top, but even from the benches reaction, it was clear who took this one.

Decision: Win

YTD fight record: 2-1-0

Default Fight 4

Game 5: Silvertips @ Americans
    Michael Wuchterl vs. Logan Stephenson

From a trusted source: Wookie didnt get too many landed and Stephanson unloaded on him(most got his helmet though). Stephanson connected with a few after Wookies helmet came off and thats when he went down. Definately a big W for Logan.

Decision: Loss

YTD fight record: 2-2-0

Game 6: Spokane @ Everett
    Jonathon Harty Vs. Mike Reich

Pretty much a non-fight. Two guys clutching, trying to throw punches & eventually falling to the ice. Not much to post about this fight.

Decision: Draw
    YTD Record: 2-2-1

Default Tidball Vs. Calla

Game 8: Saskatoon at Everett
    Brandon Tidball Vs. Brady Calla

Coming into the game I ranked Tidball as in the top 3 fighters/enforcers in the game. He lost my respect tonight.

First Geric started punching on Calla in a scrum in the corner. Calla is a smallish forward who is NOT a fighter. Then Tidball comes in over the top and goes two on one with Calla knocking off his helmet. Once they break free of the pack, instead of taking off his helmat and squaring off...he goes at Calla, who was obviously backing away, with his (Tidball's) helmet on.

I expected to see Tidball win easily over Calla. Instead, while I would still give Tidball the de win, he didn't impress in this bout. Calla probably landed a few fewer shots with less power, but nothing overly lopsided.

Granted Everett doesn;t have a real enforcer for Tidball to bout with, but to be the 2nd man in and blindside a small forwad, then give motions as he leaves the ice like Calla is chicken, is just ludicrous. I lost respect for Tidball tonight. And I typically respect the job enforcers do for a team.

Decision: Loss (because this thread doesn't account for mismatches)

YTD Record: 2-3-1

Default Game 10

Game 10, Americans @ Everett
    Kress Vs. Inglis

Started as a shoving match, turned into a fight. Inglis got the first few in and Kress went down to a knee. Once he got up he nailed Inglis with two or three decent shots while avoiding the punches Inglis threw. Inglis is much taller than Kress, so Kress kept having to lunge after Inglis. Kress managed to get Inglis' arm caught in his sleeve and that left Inglis a little defenseless to that side. Kress took advantage getting a few more in. Just as the linesman arrived on the scene, Kress also got the takedown.

Decision: Kress
    YTD fight record: 3-3-1

So far the only recap I can see that actually has a stated opinion is this one from GiantsFan71:

"Don't remember much of the Lucic scrap, other than he was roughing it up, threw an elbow and the gloves dropped and the little dude handled him. For the Watt scrap, he just jumped the Everett player, got in a couple of jabs and a big uppercut, before the linesmen pulled him off. Premedatated forsure. The everett player still had his gloves on, if I remember right."

Game 14 - Vancouver @ Everett
    Michael Wuchterl (5'9" - 205) Vs. Milan Lucic (6'3" - 205)
    Both guys get an instigator in a game with 86 minutes in penalties & 16 power plays. I guess Savage fell in love with his whistle.

Decision: based on above, sounds like Wuchterl

Jason Fransoo (6'0" - 180) Vs. J.D. Watt (6'2" - 201)
    Watt gets an instigator, five for fighting and a game misconduct. As it turns out, he also gets a one game suspension.

Decision: Since Fransoo never got his gloves off, but did get a five for fighting, looks like Watt got the only licks in, so the decision has to go to Watt.

YTD Fight Record: 4-4-1
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 11-04-2005 at 03:29 PM.

Default Game 17

Game 17: Tips @ RD Rebels
    Kress Vs. Cline
    Kress was the victim of Cline looking for someone to fight. Another Tip actually started it, but Cline thought it was Kress & went after him. Unfortunately Kress doesn't match up here well. He did the only thing you could do when you know your overmatched, grab on & hold tight. Pretty much a wrestling match, but Cline did sneak in a couple.

Decision: Cline

Wuchterl Vs. Chapman
    Wookie takes a few hard shots to the head and both players go down. Pretty quick fight and Wookie never really got in a clear shot. He only took a few, but in a short fight, that's enough.

Decision: Chapman

Tips YTD fight record: 4-6-1
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 11-04-2005 at 11:43 PM.