Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fight Card

Default regina

Game 25
    Regina @ Everett

Fight #1: Leckovic vs Fauth

Leckovic and Fauth square off. Leck moves in and nails Fauck with a smash to the face. Fauth staggers and just grabs hold for the ride. Leck rabbit punches a few times before Fauth's weight finally pulls them both down. Both exchange a couple on the Ice as the linesmen move in.

Decision: Clear win for Leckovic. Nice first bout as a tip.

Fight #2: Smyke Vs. Sievert
    Sievert runs Smyke from behind and starts to fight. Smyke drops his gloves & Helmet. Sievert only drops the gloves and leaves the Helmet on. Sievert lands the first couple blows, but Smyke fights back pretty good..landing a couple of his own...knocking Sievert's helmet off. Sievert starts to take control as they go down to the ice and he lays a couple late ones on Smyke.

Decision: Edge to Sievert

Fight # 3: Doyle Vs. Robinson
    Doyle comes in flying toward the goalie. Robinson nails him from behind and Doyle continues into the Tender. Robinson some how thinks this is Doyles fault and jumps him. Knocking his helmet off. After landing the first two or three, Robinson loses control of the bout. Doyle finally gets his bearings and starts to throw some punches,,,landing several. Doyle gets Robinson backed up to the glass and lands a few more before taking Robinson down.

Decision: Draw

Fight # 4: Kress Vs. Ross
    The biggest win of the night for the Tips. Ross seems to be the instigator here, but once he gets Kress going, he gets whooped. Kress lands blow after blow as Ross bends at the waist to protect himself. He finally reaches up and grabs Kress' jersey to pull him down. It was the only way he was going to get out of there.

Decision: CLEAR win for Kress

Ytd fight record
    6-7-2
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 11-23-2005 at 12:39 AM.

Default Game 27

Game 27
    Ice at Everett

Thoring Vs. Lee

Someone from Everett nailed an Ice player with a cheap shot...and it definately was a cheap shot. Lee came to the defense and pummeled Thoring ( I can't be certain it was Thoring who laid the cheap shot). Lee, who by all accounts isn't much of a fighter, showed it here. After letting loose on a couple high flying rights, he got pummeled blow after blow from Thoring. All he could do was try to hold onto Thoring''s sleave to slow him down. Eventually, after landing five or six blows without a response, Thoring stopped throwing punches and let the linesmen come in to put an end to this whooping.

Decision: The only thing the Tips did win tonite was this fight. Thoring takes it.

YTD fight record: 7-7-2

Default Game 30

Game 30
    Everett @ Portland

Bailey Vs. Potuer

Bailey and Potuer had scuffled earlier in the game so after the Tips scored their 3rd unanswered goal these two threw down the gloves at center Ice after the face off. They circled around for a few seconds before coming together. Once they did, Potuer probably wishes they hadn't. Bailey pummeled him...landing about 4 or 5 consecutive shots before his mmentum carried him down onto the Ice. Officialy Potuer gets the takedown since he was on top, but Bailey clearly won this one. Potuer was bleeding from his face, but this one could have been much more costly for Portland. Instead of going to the box he had to leave for X-rays to his hand. He was doubled over in pain as he left the ice. He could have seriously hurt it on Potuer's face.

Decision: Bailey

YTD fight record: 7-8-2

Default Game 35

Game: 35
    Seattle @ Everett
    Stamler @ Ellington

It's been a while since Ellington went after it. He was advised by the Doctor after a sever concussion to back off the fighting. After the face off these guys threw down the gloves. Ellington wanted Stamler to make the first move, but he wouldn't oblige. Finally Ellington went in and for some unknown reason, all stamler did was grabbed him and held on. Ellington finally got an arm free and threw some rabbit punches...even landing a couple. Finally Ellington was able to get in a couple uppercuts, which landed. Ellington also got the take down and I don;t think Stamler ever even attempted to throw a punch. Pretty bad effort by Stamler. Why throw down the gloves if this is the result? Losing 4-0 at the time, this was adding insult to injury for the T-birds.

Decision: Ellington
    YTD Fight Record: 8-8-2

Default Game 41

Game 41
    Tri City at Everett
    Fight #1
    Sonne Vs. Swaby

This one was no contest. Sonne and Swaby squared off as if to fight...except someone needs to tell Swabe you actually have to throw punches to be involved in a fight. As they come together Swaby just grabs Sonne and has no interest in actually fighting. While holding Swaby with one hand, Sonne raises his hand up and down to the crowd to insight applause...then wails five or six punches on Swaby (one or two that actually land)...before anothe wrestling match breaks out. At one point Swaby is holding on with both hands and Sonne lets go with both hands and raises BOTH arms to the crowd (I assume this is why he got the 10-minute miscoinduct). Eventually Sonne re-engages and just throws Swaby to the Ice.

Decision: Clear win for Sonne

Fight #2
    Sonne Vs. Stephenson
    Both teams come togehter in front of the Ams net. One of the Americans takes down a Tips player and Price Punches him (with his Glove) twice. Sonne rushes in to defend and gets mugged from behind by Stephenson. Only one or two punches were thrown in this one and Neither player ever got their helmets or gloves off until the very end. Since Smith never called anything on Price, although I'm sure the league office might, Sonne somehow gotan instigator, a 5 for fighting and another 10-minute misconduct.

Decision: Draw (for this non fight)

YTD fight record (Finally above .500 again): 9-8-3

Default Game 42

Game 42
    Portland @ Everett
    Potuer Vs. McLaren

After Hromas scores as 14:47 of the third the Hawks had enough. Someone was going to take out a Tip. Potuer was the chosen one. It was obvious he didn't want to go. As Zalaski dropped the puck McLaren skated into Potuer and wanted him to drop the gloves. When he wouldn't oblige McLaren just started after him. Eventually Potuer dropped 'em and tried to fight back, to no avail. I'm not sure exactly why, but after taking two or three blows Potuer dropped to one knee and should have just went down. By getting back up he just took a few more shots before eventually getting knocked ot the Ice. Not much of a match here.

Decision: clear victory for McLaren against an unwilling opponent

YTD fight record: 9-9-3

Default Game 46

Game 46
    Vancouver at Everett
    Watt Vs. Ellington

Vancouver was definately the agggressor in this game. It looked like there would eventually be a fight and there was, allthough not much of one. Both guys knew it was coming and Watt pounded Ellington. In fact, Watt had to put Ice on his hand in the box because Ellington hurt it with his face. After roughing it up a little against the boards, Watt knocked Ellington's hat off and they went at it. Watt nailed Ellington with a few good shots and Ellington looked like he threw himself to the Ice, wanting it to be over. Watt got a couple more shots in and that was that.

Decision: Easy one for Watt
    YTD fight record: 9-10-2

Default Game 49

Game 49
    Spokane at Everett
    Bruton Vs. Sonne

After Sonne gets called for Elbowing and serving his sentence, he is back out on the ice doing his best impersonation of a pinball machine. I had commented to my wife in the last game against Tri-City that Sonne seems to be a slightly more talented version of Mike Wuchterl. I also said he ALWAYS goes in with his elbows up and would be called for one of those. Sure enough, he was in this game. Anyway, there he was slamming Burton into the wall when Bruton must have said something to him. As he skated away he turned to look at Bruton, gave a nod, and they both dropped the gloves and began the dance. When they came together Bruton got in the first five swings. I'd estimate two of those connected well and a third was a glancing blow. Sonne finally got off a couple misses before getting knocked to his knee by Bruton. This seemed to spark Sonne as, when he got up, he started swinging. Of the five or six swings though, he only connected on one from my angle. Finally Bruton throws one or two more before Sonne finally gets the leverage and throws Bruton to the Ice. For Sonne I think the takedown was a little to late to salvage this one, however.

Decision: Bruton in a squeaker

YTD Fight Record: 9-11-2

Default Game 55

Game 55
    Everett @ Portland
    Harty Vs. Gazdik

Unfortunately, I missed this one...I started watching at the start of the 2nd period. Can someone send me the recap?

Decision: None yet
    YTD fight record: holding at 9-11-2

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off
    Game 55
    Everett @ Portland
    Harty Vs. Gazdik

Unfortunately, I missed this one...I started watching at the start of the 2nd period. Can someone send me the recap?

Decision: None yet
    YTD fight record: holding at 9-11-2

Watching it on the internet feed it was a draw. Harty got some good punches in. The Portland guy also did. He wanted a piece of Hamill but Harty stepped in and took care of it.
    Kristi
    ---------------------------------