Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fight Card

Default game 55 cont.

Game 55
    Everett @ Portland
    Harty Vs. Gazdik

OK, I trust Kriti's opinion so we'll go with what her opinion of it was.

Decision: Draw
    YTD fight record: holding at 9-11-3

Default Game 57

Game 57
    Spokane @ Everett
    Brennan Sonne Vs. Jason Lynch

Wow! Impressive tilt for Sonne. Lynch wanted someone to dance with after Evt took a 6-3 lead and he decided to ask someone 5 inches and 30 pounds smaller than he is. Sonne's played in about 1/2 a season with the Tips now & he looked decent in one fof his two or three fights. Thisone started off slow, with both players just circling each other for what seemed like forever. Lynch finally jumped in and missed with a couple rabbit punches. Sonne just held with one hand and kept the other one cocked. Finally Lynch starts to really throw, landing a couple and Sonne comes right back. He nails Lynch with a straight on shot and stand toe to toe with him throughout a good long bout. They exchanged punches with Sonne landing the better quality punches. Finally they just hugged and tried to get the take down, but neither of them wanted to go down first. Sonne tired with the bigger Lynch weighing him down and finally dropped out. Lynch threw a few more and both benches rapped their sticks claiming victory. As Sonne headed to the locker room no less than four players greeted him out on the ice in congratulations. I thnk their expecations must have been the same as ours inthe stands...which was something along the lins of "protect yourself Sonne" lol. I'm not going to say
    Sonne outright won this fight, but a draw against the much bigger Lynch is a great showing here.

YTD fight record: 9-11-4

Default Game 61

Everett @ Tri-City

1. Nicolaus Knudsen Vs. Torrie Wheat
    2. Brennan Sonne Vs. Donnie Glennie
    3. Jonathon Harty Vs. Donnie Glennie

Three non night, fights...really.

1. Wheat never fights and is shows. Both guys mug each other and dance around but barely any punches thrown and neither player ever goes down. Knudsen wrestles with Wheats shirt a little and gets it up over his head, but never really even throws a punch. Decision: Draw.

2. Sonne does his typical wait until the opponent has thrown a bunch of punches and tires himself out dance, but this time they fall before Sonne gets a chance to punch back. Nevertheless, Glennie only hit air and never landed a punch. Decision: Draw

3. Glennie wants more action than hi non-fight versus Sonne provided so he goes with Harty. He lands one or two this time, and gets the take down in a 10 second battle thats over before it begins. Decision: Edge to Glennie

YTD fight record: 9-12-6
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 02-26-2006 at 11:17 PM.

Kassian Guest

What happened with Stephenson getting the extra fighting major? Did he jump Alic for the boarding penalty?

Default exactly

Yep, exactly. Alic boarded a TC guy and Stephenson jumped him from behind and continuously punched him while Alic lay on the ground covering his head...lol. Wheat and Knudson's gamer came as a result of extra activity during this scuffle. The scoresheet looks better than the actual events as far as fighting is concerned. Stephenson probably got the most punches in of any of the scuffles. They were all more like dances.

Alic deserved everything Stephenson gave him. Good recap on the fights. I was there and you called them all pretty much right on.

Brad Guest

Default Glennie

Glennie had family in town for the game...could you tell? Man...the Americans do hate the Tips.

On the other thread I saw the official release from the Tips used the wording "trounced". I am surprised they worded it so unprofessional in an official release. Is that common?
    Last edited by Brad; 02-27-2006 at 06:44 PM.

Default Game 63

Game 63
    Portland @ Everett
    Wheat Vs. Dubinsky

Looked like Dubinsky got the only real solid shot in and the take down.
    Decision: Gotta give it to Dubinsky....but Wheat gets an A for Effort and for two fights in three games!

Semi Line Brawl:
    1. Lammers Vs. Hansen
    2. Ellington Vs. Gordichuck?
    3. Heshka Vs Bubnick
    4. Calla Vs. Dubinsky?

1. High Sticking called against Hansen. He has words for Hamill. Lammers jumps in a takes him off Hamills hands. Lammers lands all the good blows early. He tires a bit and Hansen gets in a few. Lammers ends strong but eventually falls backward and Hansen gets the takedown.
    Decision: Had Lammers got the takedown, I'd give him the edge. As it is, Draw.

2. Ellington Vs. Gordichuck. Over before it begins. Ellington lands a couple to and Gordi holds on for dear life. No take down in this one. A hug fest ends it.
    Decision: Edge to Ellington

3. Heshka Vs. Bubnick. Nothing happened here, Heshka's not a fighter, but some minor punching and hugging.

4. Calla Vs. Dubinsky: Didn't see much of this one, so until I get some reliable input....

YTD fight record: 10-13-8
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 03-02-2006 at 12:15 PM.

Default recaps

If anyone has reliable/non-biased recaps of these, send them to me so I cam ,atch them up with what I have. Too much going on to see all of it.

Default Game 64

Game 64
    Seattle @ Everett
    McEwen Vs. Sonne

All I can say is WOW! I didn't know Sonne had that in him. When I saw who he was going with I figured he was overmatched. When I saw McEwen grab him by the shoulder and hit him with two or three glancing blows, I thought He was really in trouble...when I saw Sonne then fire five in a row, one that was the best punch of the year squarely to McEwen's face, I was shocked and in awe! They both tangled for a while longer trading glancing blows until Sonne gets the take down!

Decision: Very Clear win for Sonne!

YTD fight record: 11-13-8

Side note: We've had 32 fighting majors YTD, Nine of those have been in the last three games.