Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The future of the DUB????

So long as it's only for 1 season, no real long term effect. If it went on and on an on ... we'd definitely notice it.
    Real Time WHL Score Updates ... Delivered to your Cell Phone, Pager or eMail

Default Hey Tiger Trauma

Your right Swift Current did loose money last year. I believe it was $90,000.00 but that was because they had to buy out McEwan, and the rest of the coaching staff's contracts when they were fired. They do have a slush fund built up of a million bucks. Not included last year when they showed a loss was a house lottery which put money back in the kitty. Now they have teamed up with the Warriors and are having a province wide lottery called goals for education and tickets are selling very well at $100.00 a ticket. Only 4,000 tickets sold for a chance to win $150,000.00 in prizes. After expenses each team should receive $100,000.00 clear. Small market teams always have to fight to stay afloat with education costs rising so fast. I know the Bronco's will do fine as the community and city are backing them and helping out. Remember small market expenses :ie rink rental,concessions,etc. are much cheaper than larger markets. We have two more fundraisers in mind to raise money. We never rely on gate receipts only.

Scout

I forgot about the Mcewan thing. Its good that they have other funds availabe. I would hate to see any team leave the dub.....escpecially ones that seem to have a hard time beating the mighty tigers (hahahaha)
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Default Ah Yah

Very funny lol. Tiger Trauma: Do you ever come to Swift to watch your mighty Tigers play? Just curious. I saw alot of Tiger fans at the game in Swift and i often wonder if any are posters.

Scout

Getting off topic.....
    I come up every once in a while...usually at least 1 game a year...
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

One of the side-effects will be with regards to those players whom are to be drafted, and those who are heading back into the draft, for being unsigned.

The concept that they might then say, with no draft, that they are then free agents.

Teams/leagues in Europe, as well as those pro-/semi-pro leagues in NOrth American, might try to then sign them.

But right now, the DUB (as well as the entire CHL) are benefiting from having players whom would otherwise have made an NHL team, are instead playing here. Our talent level is very high right now.

And as others have pointed out, as the Premier Development Hockey League in the world, without our regular turn-over of players to the next level, this holds back players that would have otherwise would have been playing at this level having to play at the next level down.

Everyone will feel the effects of the NHL lock-out.

As for the talk about the NHL and SCABs...

In My Opinion, the players whom the NHLPA stole a job from in Europe, should be used, along with those coming up the junior and minor ranks. Lets get the NHL's financial house in order so that we will have Pro-Hockey for generations to come.