Thread: Shootout

Thumbs up Shootout

playing right to the final buzzer it is about time BLAZER Fans are seeing the team that we've known has been here for years 4-1-8 points on top of the league and again tonight coming from a 2-0 deficit to beat the Seattle Thunderbirds in the shootout Kris Versteeg taking the only goal for the blazers well Devon Dubnyk shot the door on all 3 Seattle shooter
    LIKE WHAT WERE SEEIN

MJCO5

GO BLAZERS GO

Only down side was the slow start, Kassian once again shows why he is number 1 with another big KO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scamperdog
    Kassian once again shows why he is number 1 with another big KO!!!
    Do you have a recap?

Blazer Billy Guest

Default The Bomber

yeh, would love a recap of the fight...can't wait to see him mark his territory at home

Kamloops scores late in win over T-birds

By Jim Riley

Special to The Seattle Times

E-mail article
    Search Most e-mailed
    Most read
    RSS
    Bryan Bridges was brilliant with 35 saves, but the one that got by him in a Western Hockey League shootout is the one he'll remember most.

Kris Versteeg scored on the first shot of the shootout and Seattle missed three straight during a 3-2 victory by the Kamloops Blazers over the Seattle Thunderbirds last night in KeyArena.

The T-birds did pick up a point for the loss, but that was of little consolation to Bridges after Kamloops' Reid Jorgensen scored with 40 seconds left in regulation to send the game into overtime.

"It's too bad we came out with a loss, but just to get the experience of what it was like was great," Bridges said after stopping two of the three shots by Kamloops in the shootout. "You got one guy coming down on you and anything can happen. It was a little crazy."

Seattle built a 2-0 advantage in the first period and held the lead until the last minute of the game.

Bridges was especially good in the second period, stopping all 17 Kamloops shots as Seattle was outshot 17-1 in the period.

"That's what my guys need me to do," Bridges said. "Most of the shots were from the perimeter, so I could see them and that's what I expect from myself. I got a lot of shots and it was real hot under these lights, but you just have to keep going. You can't relax for one second."

In the shootout, Mitch Fadden, Roman Tomanek and Chris Durand all missed against Kamloops goaltender Devan Dubnyk.

Tyler Johnson scored 51 seconds into the game and Ryan Gibbons added another one at the 4:37 mark as Seattle scored on two of its first three shots.

"We had a chance to win in regulation and in the shootout," Bridges said. "They were able to squeak one by me tonight and that's something I'm going to have to work on."

Seattle did not score in six power-play chances and is now 2 for 39 with a man advantage this season.

The game was delayed 40 minutes by a heavy rainstorm that flooded some of the lower entrances to KeyArena and a ceremony to raise the U.S. Division championship banner won by the T-birds last season.

The T-birds will be reunited with coach Rob Sumner today when they play a 2:30 p.m. game in Vancouver, B.C.

Sumner, who is a Canadian citizen, was denied entry into the United States last week until he gets a new work visa.

BLAZERS 3, THUNDERBIRDS 2 (SO)

Kamloops 1 0 1 0 1 — 3
    Seattle 2 0 0 0 0 — 2
    First — 1. Seattle Johnson 1 (Scurko, Stamler) :51. 2. Seattle Gibbons 1 (Scurko, Johnson) 4:37. 3. Kamloops Steinmann 1 (Guiterrez, Irwin) 14:21. Second period — No scoring. Third period — 4. Kamloops Jorgensen 4 (Chapman, Versteeg) 19:20. Overtime — No scoring. Shootout — Kamloops, Versteeg score; Jorgensen miss; Macias miss. Seattle, Fadden miss; Tomanek miss; Durand miss. Shots on goal by: Kamloops 10-17-6-4 — 37. Seattle 4-1-10-1 — 16. Power plays (goals, chances) — Kamloops 0-7, Seattle 0-6. Goaltenders — Kamloops: Dubnyk (W, 2-2). Seattle: Bridges (L,1-3). Att — 4,946.
    Copyright © 2005 The Seattle Times Company

Kamfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer Billy
    yeh, would love a recap of the fight...can't wait to see him mark his territory at home
    Total domination by Kassian. MacEwan was never in the fight. Many punches to zero. Kudos for taking on Kassian though, who outweighs MacEwan by 30 lbs and is 3 inches taller.