Thread: 11 shots against the Tips

Chupacabra Guest

Default 11 shots against the Tips

They only put the puck on net 11 times in 3 periods (one was an empty netter). Maybe they could muster more offense if they didn't play the first two lines every other shift. Those guys looked winded after the first period.

The third and fourth lines are seeing minimal ice at best. In fact, that rookie Long lead the team in scoring in the pre-season? Why in the heck isn't he seeing more ice time.

The Rockets' offence is uncreative, sloppy and it's time to do something about it.

kelownakarl Guest

I am wondering where the following players have been so far this season?

Brent Howarth
    Blake Comeau
    Clayton Bauer
    Chris Ray
    Troy Ofukany

These are our leaders out there and sure doesnt seem to me like theyre leading......... I hope Truitt wakes these guys up and lets them know the regular season has started.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kelownakarl
    I am wondering where the following players have been so far this season?

Brent Howarth
    Blake Comeau
    Clayton Bauer
    Chris Ray
    Troy Ofukany

These are our leaders out there and sure doesnt seem to me like theyre leading......... I hope Truitt wakes these guys up and lets them know the regular season has started.
    Come on Chris Ray has been our best player and played the hardest game in and game out so far this year, there is only so much he can do by himself.

Long is only 16 and it was preseason and playing against other teams rookies or players trying to make there team, its a different story come the regular seasona and everybody is back from NHL camps a s evidenced in the home game against Portland, you would never had known Long was dressed for that game by his play(of course you could say that for about half the team), Long will get his ice time and do fine this year but next year he will excell big time, give the kid time to adjust to the WHL, throwing him to the wolves as a 16 year old is wrong.

I watched the game last night on the Web and the shot totals was not indicative of the play at all, Everett had more shots but only a few were of real quality and lets not forget it was a road game with the home team keeping track of the shots...........I am sure its the same there as in any home team building...........

Chupacabra Guest

You watched the Tips game on webcast? So did I, and I can't believe how bad the camera work was. Geez, they kept interrupting the game to show their lame ads, and if the camera guy wasn't struggling following the play he was missing the game while shooting the fans.

So far, the best broadcast has to go to Portland (great camera quality). I like the Kelowna broadcast, but the camera guy needs to do some closeups.