Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bus Trips cancelled

Unhappy Bus Trips cancelled

Hello everybody!

I regret to inform all of you that, due to people causing continual problems and questioning my actions as the bus trip coordinator, that I will not be running any bus trips.

A lot of my personal time is used in coordinating these trips, contacting bus companies, contacting teams for group ticket prices, advertising the trips, printing out fliers, emailing and calling people. I do not have the time to continually deal with these people who question everything and feel I am up to something shady over and above that.

Because of this, the bus trip to Spokane has been cancelled and to those who were making arrangements to meet me on Wednesday for payment, this is no longer necessary. To those who have already paid, please contact me immediately so I can refund you in full.

If anyone wishes to take the reins, I have 2 bins with items purchased to run the buses. As well, two Rockets flags that are currently being held by long time season ticket holders. Also, I will give you access to all lists for contacting people and this free email account.

I stand behind the last bus trip I ran to Vancouver and the amounts that were charged. I will show all documents to those who request this of me. However, you must make this request to me formally by contacting me at my number or email. I will no longer allow people to bash me behind the anonymous veil of the message boards. I have the right to face my accusers.

It is unfortunate that people find it necessary to cause issues. I now understand why the Rockets organization has chosen to not allow a Booster Club in this city and why, for the most part, they advised me I was on my own in running these trips.

Deanne Deschatelets
    (250)317-8400
    DoubleDee

Chupacabra Guest

that's awful. i don't live in the area, but if i did i would support your efforts, DD.

well, this is certainly a sad statement to those that volunteer time to make things better, or in this case, funner for others. (if funner is a word) I don't know or haven't heard what the issues are, but I know how much work is involved in coordinating a bus trip for players and or fans.

That said, in reading between the lines, I almost feel that some people questioned the costs for the trip, including, I would think that the costs such things as the coordinators costs being shared amongst those going on the trip, fuel, bus rent, tickets and hotels if used. If it wasn't that, what could they complain about.

I'm also sure that if anyone feels that there are costs not accounted for, that Double Dee would explain them. I would be interested to learn more about this unfortunate event, but the losers are the fans.
    Drop the Puck

People were querstion what happened to previous moneys and stupid **** like that...Really a sad day for the Rockets fans to question a coordinator that is willing to set up a trip to see your team out of town...

Chupacabra Guest

We were actually talking about coming up from out of town to take the bus because it sounded like so much fun. I am really sorry that some jerk(s) made DD feel uncomfortable to the point that she had to cease her efforts.

kelownakarl Guest

This is a terrible thing for the Fans and for the team.

To those who forced DD to stop doing this; congratulations, you ruined a good thing you doorknobs.

Default really silly

The real silly thing about all of this is, you don't HAVE to go on the trip. IF you don't like the costs, or don't like how they are being spent (if you even really know), you don't have to sign the check. Voice your objection by not going or find another way to go.

What a spoiler for those fans which enjoyed these trips.

DD i'm sorry that someone has ruined all of your wonderful trips that you took so much time to plan!

We will miss seeing the kelowna fans in Cranbrook, unless of course some of you come anyhow! but the busfull is always fun!
    GO ICE GO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tipped Off
    The real silly thing about all of this is, you don't HAVE to go on the trip. IF you don't like the costs, or don't like how they are being spent (if you even really know), you don't have to sign the check. Voice your objection by not going or find another way to go.

What a spoiler for those fans which enjoyed these trips.
    Couldn't agree more, it's too bad that the fans chose to be sooo immature about this!

I personally never went on a bus trip, but I heard soooo many good things from the people who went. Everyone (except for the odd few apparently) seemed to have a great time.

Cudos to DD for taking on the responsibility, you did a great job, it's too bad you had such a hassle!
    "You can have all the talent in the world, but if the pumper's not there, it doesn't matter." - Glen Sather

Hey DD, could u email with a list of things u have and what still needs to be done with the spokane trip? I might take the reins for this one!