Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time to panic

Default Time to panic

Rebels are looking real weak besides Ashton Rome. Do you see him getting traded anytime soon for some young gun. Maybe a 17 or 18 year old?
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Default Refuse to panic

As I have said before. I refuse to panic. I realize it is going to be a difficult year and am prepared to weather the storm. As far as your question.... I wouldn't be surprised to see Rome or Wick traded to a team that is preparing to bulk up for the playoffs. I don't see it happening for a while though.

Well, if you take away the three terrible losses to Calgary, the Rebels are 3-3 with a goal tally of 18-23.

Honestly though, I have no idea how Red Deer is even 3-6. This team has been completely blown out in the shot column all nine games they've played. Like, not even close. Hell, in the three games vs the Hitmen they've been outshot 93-46. Leslie is going to die out there unless he gets some help defensively.

I was commenting to my friends at the game today that after seeing the Rebels do so good for so long, it was odd seeing this team play so poorly. Knowing Sutter though, you guys probably have some good prospects coming up that will keep this swoon short.

Default Worst game I've ever seen a Sutter team play

What happen to the Rebels. They just were terrible. Leslie was the only one who seemed to be in the game. Both teams played last night so you can't use that as an excuse. I never even noticed Wick on the ice. I wouldn't want to be a player at the next practice. Can you say skate until you puke. They should have some legs left as they never used it tonight.
    I'm sure the next time the Rebels come south they will put up a better effort against my HITMEN. Sutter won't put up with this crap for long. If you are getting rid of Rome I'm sure we could use him.

to top this off we've allowed the most goals, obviously it's a sign that our D sucks right now or something.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Just from seeing the Rebels play once this year my opinion from what I saw was this: The Rebles have yet to adapt to the rule changes. The Pats had numerous odd-man rushes and they did convert on 3 or 4 of them. The Rebels defence (forwards to a point) didn't appear to know how to react to a "stretch pass."

I think the Rebels will still come around, Sutter wont hesitate to trade to make his team better.

Kevin

D.A. Guest

I agree completely. While other teams have learned to adapt to the new rules to their advantage, the Rebels have not. (Except for Leslie - he's the only guy who seems to be able to make that long pass.) Count up the breakaways given vs. breakaways received - it ain't pretty. And hey - how about learning how not to shoot the puck over the glass in the defensive zone? That might help, too.

Rebel66 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by peatfan
    Both teams played last night so you can't use that as an excuse.
    It's still not really an excuse but the Rebels also played Friday night and had to make a long bus trip in between to Cranbrook and back. The Hitmen sat waiting in Calgary. There is a difference there.

After saying that, there is still no excuse for putting in a really poor effort like that. I was mentioning to someone just the other day that it seems to me that other teams have adapted much better to the new rules than the Rebels.

It's still not reason to panic anyway. This is the first bona-fide rebuilding year for the Rebels in a long time. They will get their lickings this season. Rebels fans will just have to accept that fact. I expect as it gets further along the Rebels might even get a little younger still.

That Hitmen team sure look good though. Pogge looks so assured back there. What a change he's made since arriving from Prince George.

Quote Originally Posted by RDRebelsfan
    to top this off we've allowed the most goals, obviously it's a sign that our D sucks right now or something.
    You've also played the most games as well. Though, even going by GA/G the Rebels are only 16th.

As said in a previous post, the Rebels have yet to adapt to the new rules, and the question opens the door both ways. Maybe the coaching staff hasn't adapted to the new rules, that is, change the system to meet the rules and beat them. Since everyone always talks about systems, not for one minute has the system the Rebs use, changed. Maybe we can't blame the players, maybe we have to look at all the changes or we have to make changes. Either way, its not time to panic, but divisional loses will put in out of the playoffs. The clock is ticking, slowly, but ticking.

The inability of a breakout from our defensive zone is killing us in terms of players....defensive, being tired or outworked, abet the liabilities that each defenseman has.

We can't expect the goalie to win games for us because to win games, you have to score and it seems we may have to score alot.
    Drop the Puck