Thread: Silvertips need to turn it around...

Default Silvertips need to turn it around...

From the Everett Herald...

EVERETT - The Everett Silvertips are mired in the worst stretch in the franchise's short history. Everett has lost seven of its last eight games - including its first ever regular season four-game losing streak - and the Silvertips' once-unassailable grip on second place in the Western Hockey League's U.S. Division has shrunk to insignificance.

So it must be full crisis mode in Everett, right?

Not so, say the Silvertips.

"I wouldn't say it's a crisis," Everett right wing Alex Leavitt said. "We're just going through a little bit of a tough slide. We have to figure out what's wrong so we can change it. We've played some pretty good games, we just haven't won."

"I'd say we've had a below-average effort in every area," Everett coach Kevin Constantine said about the recent slump. "Whether you're talking about health, or talking about work ethic, or talking about blocking shots, or talking about team fundamentals, or talking about any part of our game, we've been below what is normal for our team. Not any one of those areas have been ridiculously bad, but all those areas have been slightly below what we're used to."

"I think the game against Portland is the biggest of the season so far, with how close Portland's gotten because of our slide," Leavitt said. "This is a game we need to win to stay ahead, it's a four-pointer.

More....
    Last edited by Tipped Off; 01-28-2005 at 11:13 AM.

If they are going to turn around, now is the time. We need to deal a bad blow to Portland tonight. Seattle is beginning to slip so we will have better chances tommorrow.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

The 3 games this weekend are HUGE.

Not only in terms of the standings, but in sending teams in our division a few messages.
    Real Time WHL Score Updates ... Delivered to your Cell Phone, Pager or eMail

upper level fan Guest

Well i hope they can turn it around tonight, because now im really cheering for anyone that plays Tri-cities. I just hope I dont have to wear a tri-cities jersey at a spokane game next year. Lets go Everett beat those americans.

Default Tips Win!

Wall got a shutout. Way to beat the road winless streak. 2-0.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!