Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bronco coach looses it

Who was the stripe that did this game? Just woundering if it was one of the usual boneheads or someone pushing to move up in the idiot ranks.
    Grump

The ref was Ryan Thompson. I'm not too familiar with as he hasn't reffed any games in Regina.

And I don't blame Chynoweth for losing it. If Glass infact did blocker Murray the way people have been describing, it should be considered a gross misconduct. There is no way that if someone is using they're blocker to hit someone, let alone several times, that it's not intent to injure. Slade learned that the hard way and recieved numerous suspensions for seperate incidents. This should be treated no differently. If I were Chynoweth, I would have flipped out too, because a 2 min roughing penalty is rediculous. If Glass ins't suspended or anything, then there is something wrong with the league. Im sure we will find out tommorow what happens.

And my opinions are based on what I've read from posters who witnessed it.
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 01-30-2005 at 12:02 PM.

Goalie's using there blockers should be either kicked out of the game or suspended. You can do alot of damage pretty quick with one of them.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

I played goal and even in the old, old style of hockey, (in the days of only one goaltender), If you used your blocker on another player it was considered a delibireate attempt to injure and resulted in a gross misconduct, and the team had to find some stupid forward to finish the game in net. A very serious offence then, and better still be. This should cost him a pile of games when it's reviewed.

I to am basing this only from all the reports I've heard, some of which were from people who were @ the game but could be somewhat bias.
    Grump

Quote Originally Posted by Jovorock
    Goalie's using there blockers should be either kicked out of the game or suspended. You can do alot of damage pretty quick with one of them.
    Agreed. Such an attack should be treated equal to a spear or butt end.

Default Biased?

It's pretty hard to be biased when a goalie uses his blocker as a weapon. Glass even admitted in a radio interview he thought he would be ejected for his actions and may be under a league imposed suspension until it was reviewed. He admitted he was just as surprised as everyone else at only getting 2 min. That tells me he knew what he did and he knew what the ramifications would be. He never did say why he did it, but most are saying pay back for what he did to his brother. I posted a longer view of the incident on the Bronco site in the team forums.

Rebel66 Guest

Any news of any action from the league with regards to this situation? I haven't seen anything on their website yet but you would think that some kind of discipline will be handed out to the coach and player.

Default Suspension

They announced on sports that Dean is under a league imposed suspension until the league reviews the tapes. It should be interesting what they see in this tape and if they say anything about the blocker attack. Can a ref be suspended for loosing control or is that kept hush hush.

Rebel66 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scout
    Can a ref be suspended for losing control or is that kept hush hush.
    I really doubt whether we would hear anything about a ref being disciplined. They like to keep that sort of thing in-house usually.

I doubt the league would ever announce the suspension of a referee. More likely, in such an instance, the league would simply rewrite the weekly assignments to exclude an official for a short period of time, and nobody would ever notice.