Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ugly end to the Brandon Game!

Default Ugly end to the Brandon Game!

Well tonight's win was marred by the actions of Tyler Plante at the end of the game. Plante took his stick and swung at the glass by visitor bench shattering the glass an injuring at least 3 fans.

I would hope the league would suspend him for at least 10 games for these actions. I do know that witness statements were taken and the police were going to arrest him for assault before the team leaves Everett.

This account comes from a friend of mine who sits just 4 seats down from where this took place and gave a witness statement to the police about the incident.
    Kristi
    ---------------------------------

How do you charge a guy for assult for that? If a player shot the puck and hit the glass and shattered it are you going to charge him also????? Sure the glass is meant to keep things in and if you hit the glass just the right way it will break with little to knoe trouble.Sure he was probley mad but come on get with it assult?????
    whoooooo what are you going do when the rebs run all over you

It think should be assault becuase he intentionally hit it after the game. He could have just gone to the bench or hit the boards. Nevertheless, he did not need to do it. Right now the injuries I have heard are 2 people with cuts from the glass and a lady with a broken cheeck bone from getting hit by the stick. Bad show for the player. Season might be cut very short.

EDIT: I heard about these injuries from the fans themselves.
    Last edited by ihlemic10; 10-30-2005 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Grammer
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

I was sitting across the rink from where that happened. It also looked to me like a couple of Brandon players were trying to reach into stands to go after one of the fans. That was serious business because someone could have been hurt pretty bad. That said, I didn't actually see the Brandon player hit the glass with his stick. I just saw the aftermath as the shattered glass hit the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooselk
    I was sitting across the rink from where that happened. It also looked to me like a couple of Brandon players were trying to reach into stands to go after one of the fans. That was serious business because someone could have been hurt pretty bad. That said, I didn't actually see the Brandon player hit the glass with his stick. I just saw the aftermath as the shattered glass hit the ice.

Any video footage to this incident?

Not that I know of. I'll keep an eye out for any news coverage, though.

It seems the Silvertips and the Herald are acting like it never happened. I am surprised from the response so far that no one believe Plante was at fault.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

Quote Originally Posted by ihlemic10
    It seems the Silvertips and the Herald are acting like it never happened. I am surprised from the response so far that no one believe Plante was at fault.

He's a great kid and plays with heart.Thats not like Plante to intent to injure.He's very involved in the community and is very kind and well liked.Maybe Everett Events Centre should look at getting stronger glass then..seeing as now Plante is the HULK and can break plexi glass with a stick...WOW! That had to be some kind of swing.

Quote Originally Posted by ihlemic10
    I think the thing here is that players smacking the glass with their sticks in frustration is nothing new in any hockey league. It's a common occurence, just this time, the glass happened to break, 99.9% of the time it does not.

Plante is definatley at fault but it is more of a freak accident than anything else.

As to players going into the stands and fans going after players, that is a different matter all together.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian eh
    Any video footage to this incident?
    Checked the webscast archive and their was nothing on it as the video was showing graphics at the time of the incident.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Default Picture from the Everett paper

Kristi
    ---------------------------------