Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1 Min Radio Timeouts?

Default 1 Min Radio Timeouts?

Anyone else notice these during the games. They happen now at the 10min mark aprox. of each period.

I hate this new thing the WHL is doing. It completely interupts the flow of the game, a team on its heels now gets a breather to meet with the coach etc.

Not sure if its for the radio or what the heck they were thinking, but this has got to go.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Yeah the happened here in PA too. Killed the Raiders momentum once because the Blades were tired from an icing call.

Default ...

its so on the radio they can get more comercials in....theres pros and cons of this though
    It's Game Time ! ! :burningma

Default last night

Last night in the Tips game play went on for over 3 minutes without stopping. IT finally stopped at the 9:15 mark because of a Tips penalty. The one minute stoppage allowed the Tips to take a "break" prior to the penalty kill. Even though I'm a Tips fan, and in this case it helped us, I don't like this new thing at all.

absolutly hate it
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

Default It's league imposed

With all the new rule changes to speed up the game. What was happening was the radio stations and game announcers never had any time to do the announcements for game sponsors. So effective Nov.4th it became league wide that there would be a minute break in each period so the teams could get in the game sponsor announcements which help teams make money. With so much emphasis on speeding up the game they forgot about the announcements.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Scout
    With all the new rule changes to speed up the game. What was happening was the radio stations and game announcers never had any time to do the announcements for game sponsors. So effective Nov.4th it became league wide that there would be a minute break in each period so the teams could get in the game sponsor announcements which help teams make money. With so much emphasis on speeding up the game they forgot about the announcements.

Scout
    Well, I understand the problem they may be having, doesn't mean I have to like it. It really interupts the flow of the game.

Some kind of press release you think would have been in order, unless I just missed it.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Default lol

I hate it to. And you didn't miss any announcement. I think the league knew people would hate it so just sort of slipped it in.

Scout

Brad Guest

The Americans had their sponsors go to 15 second spots to address this problem and it has worked just fine.

i dont mind it Sponsors pay the bills so you have to do anything to help them out
    www.childrenswish.ca