Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why I do not like Sunday games

Thumbs down Why I do not like Sunday games

I know that it is not The WHL's fault or the Saskatoon Blades fault for the schedule being set out this way, it does matter on wheather or not their is another event the needs the CUC to host it, on top of that the only way that I can get to and from the games is if I take public transit or get a ride from a friend to and from the game,and on Sundays the bus schedule is atroshoius (sp) that is the main reason why i can not attend the sunday games. I used to go to alot of games with my dad, but when he was unexpectedly killed 2 years ago,(my Mom does not drive) So I had to take the bus to the games, I am ok with taking the bus to a game on a weekday or Saturday, I have never taken the bus to a game on Sunday. I will have to either get my drivers license or continue to take the bus to the games or stay home and listen to the games on the radio.( I obviously prefer to see the game live, but if that is my last resort then ok whatever will keep me informed about the scores and all of the important info.
    Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE; 11-13-2005 at 02:30 PM.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Default Wow

It's great to see you are such a die hard fan. Keep it up. All teams should have such loyal fans such as yourself.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by GoBladesGo BLEED BLUE
    I used to go to alot of games with my dad, but when he was uexpectedly killed 2 years ago,(my Mom does not drive)
    I'm sorry to hear that, it's awful losing a parent, especially unexpectedly and when you (and I'm assuming him) are so young yet. My mom passed away just over two years ago as well from cancer, and she only survived a few weeks from the time she found out about it, so it was pretty quick and unexpected. It's great to hear you're still going to the games and you take care of your mom!

What end of town do you live in?

What a great fan! I am sure there are people in your town who would be happy to give you a ride.

I know if you were in Everett it would not be a problem! You'd probably have more rides then you knew what to do with!

Come on Blades fans.......get this guy to the Sunday games!!
    Kristi
    ---------------------------------

i bet someone lives in the same area eh?

my fingers are crossed for you!
    at least for a ride home anyhow
    GO ICE GO !!!

Post Yes I was only 14 years old and 20 days away from turning 15 & my dad was only 41

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blade
    I'm sorry to hear that, it's awful losing a parent, especially unexpectedly and when you (and I'm assuming him) are so young yet. My mom passed away just over two years ago as well from cancer, and she only survived a few weeks from the time she found out about it, so it was pretty quick and unexpected. It's great to hear you're still going to the games and you take care of your mom!

What end of town do you live in?
    It is a very long story, I heard on Global news that a person was killed and I,(my younger brother, younger sister,twin Sister and my mom did not know it was him but, I came home from school when I was in grade 9 and I was watching Global sports when Saskatoon found out that Ryan Keller had been invited to tryout for one of the Canadian teams (Which I can not remember Probably not the Toronto Maple Leafs )that is what I was doing at the time when the RCMP knocked on the door and gave us the sad news

When I first started going to games after he was killed, I could not stand it, because I was so used to going to games with him and enjoying a good time at a hockey game.

I live on the Eastside-Sutherland Forest Grove area.

Post Well I am getting fed up with missing the sunday games

So I will be taking an early bus downtown and then catching the bus to the game. I will be wearing my home jersey(The New one of course) and my Toronto Maple Leafs hat, I do not know where I will be sitting because I have an 18 game Flex Pack(and apparently you can not choose or suggest where you would like to sit.) So you should see me walking around on the concourse, If you look hard enough just Kidding man am I funny or what? Hmm not really. (honestly how many people have bought the new home jerseys though?) I have only seen a couple of people wearing the home jersey,and a couple of people wearing the new 3rd jersey. I have been to all of the home games except the one game Verses the Kelowna Rockets. If you want to talk to me or just say hi,that is fine with me.

Sorry to hear about your dad as well.I would have given you a ride if I was attending today,because when Brandon plays anywhere in Saskatchewan,I usually make the trip to wherever to watch them,but I have other commitments for today so I'am sorry bud I'am not there to give you a ride.Would you have accepted a ride from a W'king fan??LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GoBladesGo BLEED BLUE
    I live on the Eastside-Sutherland Forest Grove area.
    Crappy.. you're pretty much the complete opposite end for me. I'm over in Fairhaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blade
    Crappy.. you're pretty much the complete opposite end for me. I'm over in Fairhaven.
    oh well I will just take the bus to and from the game today . I was going to do that anyways.