Thread: Here's an idea...

rinkrat Guest

Default Here's an idea...

How about,we create a thread or section where locals can give visitings fans info and tips as to the best hotel,best pre game meal restaraunt,best seats in the house,etc.I went on a road trip earlier this year and found the Everett fans very useful(on the other board).

sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't mind helping anyone who needs a list of places to go in Everett.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

sounds like a good idea to me... could be a thread or section in each teams section to make it easiest to find..

Very good idea, you can just start a thread in each teams forum, get/make it stickied, and then boom, you have the info under the team you are planning on going to see.

rinkrat Guest

Default not quite computer literate...

What is stickied?
    By the way ilemic10,we were advised by Greg to go to the flying pig for the pre game,it was awesome,all the waitresses had Silvertips gear on,the place was packed.Great atmosphere,I was with my 2 sons wearing Giants gear,not a negative comment at the restaurant or the rink.Some fans even came up and welcomed us to town.I take back all the things I said about you yanks....( kidding).The rink atmosphere was awesome.I guess it depends on whose jersey you are wearing as to your treatment,right T Bird fans?
    Anyway co operation between us fans should make these roadtrips possible and fun...

Thumbs up

A "sticky", is a thread that always stays at the top of the forum.

And yay, knowing fan friendly places to go to when visiting another city is a great idea.

I know that when we are in Red Deer, the Kelsey's just north of the arena is a great place to eat/drink.

The staff are very friendly (even when we are in our teams jerseys).

rinkrat: Thats what i was going to suggest. Thats the place everyone goes to before or after hockeygames. Its an awesome place.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

Kamfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    Very good idea, you can just start a thread in each teams forum, get/make it stickied, and then boom, you have the info under the team you are planning on going to see.
    That's what I was thinking too. I've already started a Kamloops info post, but got a little lazy and haven't quite finished it yet. If someone could establish a format, that might help.

http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?p=2401#post2401

Here is my draft of the Calgary one, please feel free to add on.
    "Humans think they are smarter than dolphins because we build cars and buildings and start wars etc...and all that dolphins do is swim in the water, eat fish and play around. Dolphins believe that they are smarter for exactly the same reasons."