Thread: Back in K-Town!

mccabe23 Guest

Default Back in K-Town!

Well, made the trip to Vancouver this weekend and had a great time! It was nice to be back in the Pacific Collesium! Wow, so many memories in that building from watching the Canucks as a youngster. Great crowd on hand for the giants/Rockets game and both teams played hard. I have NEVER seen Kelowna get banged around that hard by any team. I'm suprised half the Rockets could even walk after that one. Even little Mosey got caught wit his head down! I'm glad Kelowna pulled out the win so they can show other teams they can still play even though they are getting banged around. It could have easily been a 2-1 Giants win.

Even got treated to a few fights. Grant and Couture was a decent fight with it being fairly even until Grants caught Couture with a nice shot. Grant against Bodie was a little one-sided as Bodie has his jersey over his head and Grant fed him shot after shot. Keller vs. Bartley was a rare surprise. I have never seen Keller fight and he did alright. I give the win to Keller. When Keller took Bartley down, Bartley looked up and Keller nailed him hard with a punch. Something really set off Justin! lol

As for the Vancouver fans.......they were awesome! I met a few of them and they were all classy! Even the people we sat beside treated us very well. I thank the Giants fans for making our night more enjoyable. It was also nice to see many Rockets fans in attendance! The "Go Rockets Go" chant in the third was loud!

My only complaint was the 50/50 draw. With over 11,000 people there, the pot was only $5000! Same as a Kelowna game with 6,000 people! I think it's the way they sell the tickets. You only get one ticket for $2 rather than 3 for $2 in Kelowna. I think people would buy more if they felt they had better odds. Ah, what can ya do?

Anyways, GREAT GAME, GREAT EXPERIENCE and we will make that trip many more times again! Go ROCKETS!!!!!!

btw.....why was Ofukany scratched last night???

McCabe, glad you had a good time. It sure was a rock 'em, sock 'em affair. As many huge hits as any Giants game in their 4 year history. I've gotta admit, the Rockets have some sort of mojo over the Giants that's kind of hard to explain or overcome. I was kind of hoping that with both teams working so hard and playing with a lot of jam, that it would end a 1-1 tie, but as usual the Rockets got the lucky break they need. A crowd of 11,000+ always adds an extra kick to the game, too. Good night of puck, that's for sure.
    WE ARE ALL GIANTS.

Quote Originally Posted by mccabe23
    btw.....why was Ofukany scratched last night???
    I heard Ofukany was out with the flu. Hope he's back for Wednesday! Does anyone know when Darzins will be back? I thought he was supposed to be back last week, is his injury worse that they thought??
    "You can have all the talent in the world, but if the pumper's not there, it doesn't matter." - Glen Sather

C.F Guest

The Giants just never seem to be able to beat you guys. It was a good game, none the less. I'm proud of the Giants, they completely dominated the physical side of the game.

I'm glad you had fun, and it's nice to hear the Vancouver fans treated you nicely. You're welcome to come back next time!