Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good luck Ryan Russell and Cory Clouston!!

Thumbs up Good luck Ryan Russell and Cory Clouston!!

Congrats on both making the team Canada all star team to face team Russia in the Canada-Russia challenge. Good to see Cory getting the recognition he deserves as a great coach. Even after Ryan McGill left, he has put a great product on the ice every year! That say's alot for him and the entire organization.

Tonight is the first of two games they will both be a part of and good luck to your team in completing the sweep of the Russian selects in 6 games though the QMJHL, OHL, and WHL.

Ryan also gets to welcome his twin brother Kris Russell to the team for one game in a long awaited reunion for both I'm sure. I hope they tear it up as a D and forward line combo if they can accomidate them playing together.

I know I wont miss one of these games on TV to see a preview of some possible World Junior Team members. I wish the best to Cory Clouston as assitant coach and both Russell's throughout the tournament(2 games) and hope they can get World Juniors invites. They are both hard working and valuable members of their teams.

GO TEAM CANADA!!!

GO ICE GO!!!
    Cranbrook's own, Kootenay ICE 1998 to 2012, 2011 WHL CHAMPIONS!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

I think it will be exciting to watch the Russell bros play together too. This could be the only time they get to play together, they are both to valuable on their teams so the chances of a trade to play together is remote IMO this year for sure. Good luck team WHL and show us all proud like you always do.

Thumbs up WHL and Russian selects tied at 2, 1st intermision

Ryan Russell gets the tying goal for Canada! Way to go Ryan!
    2-2 each.

GO TEAM CANADA

GO ICE GO!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

Default WHL over Russia 8-2

Ryan Russel with the hat trick!! Setaguchi with the hat trick!
    And it's only the second intermission! Way to go guys!!

GO TEAM CANADA

GO ICE GO!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

although a concenus longshot, he has shown himself well.
    Drop the Puck

Do you know if Ryan will get to play tomorow with Kris. I was a bit disapointed that they were both not playing tonight.

Thumbs up

Nope, Ryan was selected to play in both games and Kris was to make only one appearance in the shcedule right from the start. Tommorow should be interesting.

Way to go Ryan!
    GO TEAM CANADA!!!

GO ICE GO!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

tender Guest

Yes the best of luck to Cory and Ryan with Team Canada tonight and the rest of the way and the same to Ryans brother Kris hope they both make it to Team Canada after main camps end .

Thumbs up game time pretty soon here now!

I am really looking forward to tonights game with both Russell's playing together. Even if they dont get much ice time together it will be great to see them out there. Ryan did get the hat trick last night but I dont know why he wasnt credited with it?? The replay showed it go off of his stick! Anyways, I cant wait for this game. The team was awesome last night with a lot of good World Juniors prospects trying hard.

Good to see Cory on the bench last night to. I hope they can get it done again tonight, last nights game was awesome to watch!

GO TEAM CANADA!!!

GO ICE GO!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!

Thumbs up well this is a bit of a piss off...............

I go into the living room at about 5 minutes to seven and sit down after dinner to watch the Canada-Russia challenge. So im sitting the there watching some Canucks stuff and all of a sudden they say "up next Vancouver vs Edmonton" WHAT!! Who cares about VAN vs EDM when there is WHL all star team vs Russian all star team going on at this very moment!?

This is prospects hockey going on here man! Now I have to wait untill bloody MIDNITE untill it comes on! What a friggin joke, we see every QMJHL, and OHL game on time at 7:00 but when its local we get one and at 7:00 and another when their whole audience is sleeping! Now they will complain that the west has lower ratings blah blah blah and we'll never get certain things broadcast here at decent times.

Had to get that off my chest.

GO TEAM CANADA!!!

GO ICE GO!!!
    THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP'S!!