Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good luck Ryan Russell and Cory Clouston!!

the sports networks are controlled by guys in the east who have no idea what the "pulse" of the viewers is in Western Canada, if not the entire country outside Toronto.

There are many options this networks can use to show games on different channels and they choose to do a tape delayed game. In this day and age and with all the technology available, its unacceptable.
    Drop the Puck

In regards to last night or I should say this mornings broadcast of the Canada/Russia Series game. I was extremely disappointed to discover the start time of the game. When it comes to the OHL or QMJHL games, they were broadcast at a decent time. Obviously, Sportnet was not concerned about the opinion of western viewers by broadcasting the game in my area at midnight. Once again, Sportsnet caters only to the east and the west is once again disregarded. From the people I have spoke to, Sportnet has not gained any credit by displaying their blatant favourtism of eastern Canada. Extremely poor planning on Sportnet's part and once again angering western viewers. This appears to be a common theme when it comes to the west and apparently a theme that will continue.

Congratulations to Kyle Chipchura who was named player of the game for Canada! Way to go Chip!

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have Star Choice and have 4 chanels of Sportsnet feeds from the east to west. One of them was on time 7.00 but two others were on at 8 I guess the people with Shaw had to wait for the Canuck game to end. I actualy looked in the schedule and I thought it started at 8 so I waited until then and when I tuned in on the one chanel it was going into the first period already. I flicked back and forth between the two and watched the first and second at the same time.

Thumbs down

:burningma So if we were in Ontario (OHL territory) last night we could've watched the game live. But nobody probably watched it cause there was a Leafs game on TSN. But in B.C. where people would watch it, they show a Canucks game. Not like we don't get enough of the Canucks on Sportsnet. At least in Alberta you get a mix of 2 different teams on Sportsnet. I wish they would split the 3 western teams and broadcast an even amount of games between the 3. Sportsne i a JOKE! I know what channel I'll watch all the highlights from now on. :burningma