Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Canada Selection Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    McCardle is the biggest surprise in my books, and it was nice to see Pogge get rewarded for his stellar play so far this year. Pogge may just make the final cut.
    :
    Don't forget about Wolski from the OHL, he scored 4 goals in two games verses the Russians? I am also surprised Fistric wasn't invited, I just seen Giant owner whining all over SN that his boy isn't invited?

The way Pogge is playing its his job right now, Plante has one job and its Dubby's job to steal it away from Pogge.
    KELOWNA ROCKETS 2004 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!

http://cropcircle.ca/forums/index.php

not so sure Plante has a position tied up. What about Price? I know with 3 WHL goalies in the hunt its going to be tough, but the guys that show their stuff in the camp with get the nod.
    Drop the Puck

kessel and eposito arn't even in the same draft they could both go number 1 overall

Default sasha pokulok

Red Line on # 41 Sasha Pokulok - D, Cornell University

"Huge and extremely mobile. Has an exceptionally long stick/reach and likes to handle the puck. Makes crisp, accurate passes, always leads breaking forwards right on the the tape. Loves to lead the break and join the rush. Can make moves like a 5-10 forward and sees the ice very well. Terrifically aggressive point man on PP who cuts off the slot and causes all sorts of problems. Perpetually in motion, never stands still - but wanders and roams all over the place. Gets himself out of position and has no concept of defensive awareness or discipline. Exceptional footwork, turns and agility for a huge man, but is not at all physical. Does not like to hit or be hit. With his outstanding size and skills, has as much upside as any d-man in this draft, but is very raw and far from polished. Last two months of the season were wiped out by knee/ankle injury.

Projection: #4 defenceman and PP triggerman.
    Style compares to: Paul Mara

rinkrat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach55
    Red Line on # 41 Sasha Pokulok - D, Cornell University

"Gets himself out of position and has no concept of defensive awareness or discipline. Does not like to hit or be hit. With his outstanding size and skills, has as much upside as any d-man in this draft, but is very raw and far from polished. Last two months of the season were wiped out by knee/ankle injury.
    Boy,that sounds promising! Maybe he could play on a beer league team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovorock
    I am also surprised Fistric wasn't invited, I just seen Giant owner whining all over SN that his boy isn't invited?

The way Pogge is playing its his job right now, Plante has one job and its Dubby's job to steal it away from Pogge.
    I didn't think Fistric was going to get the invite myself. I'm not surprised in the least.

I still think Price will be in there. He has been playing very well lately, and with a better defence in front of him I think he will get the job. Im guessing Price and Pogge get the jobs.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Quote Originally Posted by WHL Rules
    I just re-read my posts and you are right it was rude and I apologize for that. It was meant as a playful jib but I admit it didn't work. English is not my first language, so I hope you accept my apology.

The 8 players you say you've never heard about, are 2 first round NHL draft picks (Pokulok and Cogliano), 2 second round picks (Vlasic and Blunden), one third round pick (Letang) and one fourth round pick (Pyatt). Brassard is supposed to go top ten this year and Esposito is widely considered the best Canadian prospect since Crosby (and is living up to the hype by putting up 2 points per game and a +25 rating as a 16 yr old).

You say you don't care about the OHL or the QMJHL (and I suppose you don't care about the NCAA either ) but don't forget this is Team Canada and not Team WHL.
    I worded it wrong.It's not that I don't care about the O and the Q it's just that I don't follow them as closely as I do the WHL and the NHL.I'am not a big fan of College athletics in the United States.Whether it be NCAA basketball,football or hockey.I do however follow university sports up here in Canada.But it doesn't make me ignorant because I don't follow NCAA athletics.I honestly think the WHL is the more dominant of the 3 CHL leagues anyway,so thats where my attention is.Last year it was kinda team WHL for Canada,this year it's nice that it's spread out,this way I can see the talent in the other leagues,as well as possibly seeing Toews,Bertram and Cogliano.I do accept you apology as well.

Carey Price has been cut as per TSN.
    TSN

As have Jeff Schultz, Andy Rogers, Devin Setogucci, Bryan Little and Julien Ellis.

Please tell me how in the world Dubnyk made the team?I mean the guy got lit.Too bad for Price and Setoguchi.I thought they would have made the team.What is Sutter doing?Man are we gonna get licked at this tournament.