Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Team Canada Selection Camp

To Sutter:

DON'T YOU DARE START DUBNYK UNLESS WE ARE PLAYING NORWAY!!

Canada's team finalized for 2006 WJHC
    Angelo Esposito

Angelo Esposito

TSN.ca Staff

12/16/2005 12:05:06 PM

Tri City Americans goaltender and Montreal Canadiens prospect Carey Price and Quebec Remparts forward Angelo Esposito were among the 12 players cut from Canada's entry for the 2006 World Junior Hockey Championship.

Other cuts include netminder Julien Ellis, defencemen Michael Funk, Marc Edouard Vlasic, Logan Stephenson, Jeff Schultz and Andy Rogers and forwards Devin Setoguchi, Kris Chucko, Derick Brassard and Bryan Little.

The final roster is now set for the 2006 World Junior Hockey Championship, with 22 players representing Canada.

Justin Pogge and Devan Dubnyk will take the spot in net with Pogge likely tagged as the starter.

The blueline will have skaters Cam Barker, Kris Russell, Luc Bourdon, Kris Letang, Marc Staal, Ryan Parent and Sasha Pokulok.

Kyle Chipchura, Blake Comeau, Dustin Boyd, Dave Bolland, Andrew Cogliano, Jonathan Toews, Dan Bertram, Guillaume Latendresse, Steve Downie, Tom Pyatt, Michael Blunden, Benoit Pouliot and Ryan O'Marra will represent Canada at forward.

Canada begins its gold medal defence at the tournament against Finland on Dec. 26.

--------------------------------------------
    To sum up the cuts:

Carey Price
    Angelo Esposito
    Julien Ellis
    Michael Funk
    Marc Edouard Vlasic
    Logan Stephenson
    Jeff Schultz
    Andy Rogers
    Devin Setoguchi
    Kris Chucko
    Derick Brassard
    Bryan Little
    Vancouver Giants

05/06 BC Division & Western Conference Regular Season Champions

05/06 Western Conference Playoff Champions
    05/06 WHL Playoff Champions

06/07 BC Division Champions
    06/07 Western Conference Playoff Champions

2007 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Possible line combinations??

Also congrats to all the WHLers who made the squad.Too bad there were so many blueliners from the dub that got cut.

Default Team Captains

from www.whl.ca

RAIDERS' KYLE CHIPCHURA NAMED TEAM CAPTAIN FOR CANADA’S 2006 WORLD JUNIOR TEAM, BARKER & COMEAU NAMED ALTERNATE CAPTAINS

VANCOUVER – Team Canada Head Coach Brent Sutter, along with Director, Player Personnel Blair Mackasey and Canada’s coaching staff named forward Kyle Chipchura of Vimy, AB the team’s captain for the 2006 World Junior Championship. Chipchura plays with Prince Albert in the Western Hockey League, where he is team captain.

Sutter and Canada’s staff also named the four alternate captains for Canada’s 2006 World Junior team. Two players will wear the ‘A’ each game for Canada, as per IIHF rules.

Team captain

· Kyle Chipchura, Vimy, AB (Prince Albert, WHL)

Alternate captains

· Cam Barker, Winnipeg, MB (Medicine Hat, WHL)
    · David Bolland, Mimico, ON (London, OHL)
    · Luc Bourdon, Shippagan, NB (Val d’Or, QMJHL)
    · Blake Comeau, Meadow Lake, SK (Kelowna, WHL)

All four alternate captains named today are also alternate captains with their Canadian Hockey League club team for the 2005-2006 season.

For more information on Canada’s 2006 World Junior Championship team, visit www.hockeycanada.ca

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

That a boy Chipp.Congrats to Barker and Comeau for being named alternate captains.

what are you talking about pogge will be the #1 goalie and the back up usually only plays one or two games anyways and maybe setoghouchi could have made it. they sure seemed to think on the saskatoon ctv news he was lock for the team.

I like the team, Good for Dubnyk, He has it in him, hopefully he brings it out at the tourny. The only difference I wouldv'e done is take Esposito over Downie. I know Downie is good but after that hazing incident i'd have no room for him on my team, specially when there's players who cut there hair to be on the team.

Looks like a winner to me. I think Dubnyk deserves to make the team. He stands on his head everytime he comes to Kelowna, or when the Rockets go to Kamloops. He is a big game player. I am sure most of the Blazers fans would agree with me, that if he had a better team in front of him he would be one of the best goalies anywhere.

Now that the stress of the camp is over I hope the boys can come out and get to know each others styles and play hard for Sutter, He is still imo the best coach in the WHL and if the Rebels were in a contender position instead of rebuilding all his critics would be ecstatic of his chances of getting these boys to play for him. If anyone can motivate and get the respect of his players it is Brent, just like last year. I don't recall many fans complaining about his coaching then. Lets all cheer for the Canadian boys and hopefully another metal Gold would be nice.

Cutting Price over Dubnyck is a complete joke. It just shows that Sutter has his head up his a**. Politics, politcs. :burningma
    Last edited by Tinner; 12-16-2005 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Language
    www.GiantsBeat.com
    2008, 2009 Global Cup Champions
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 BC Division Champions
    2006, 2007 Western Conference Champions
    2006 WHL Champions
    2007 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!