View Poll Results: Will The Coaching Change Help?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

6 50.00%
  • NO

6 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ferner Canned!!!

Thumbs up Ferner Canned!!!

The Kamloops Blazers did the first smart thing in a long time to today with the firing of Head Coach Mark Ferner (woo hoo) for the mean time GM Dean Clark will take over the coaching ranks along with assistant Ryan Thorpe
    MJC :burningma 5
    The Tradition Returns

Bye Mark!!!

It is about time. Good move by the Blazers.

Default Who will be the next coaching casualty?

I know myself included, a lot in Swift are crossing our fingers.
    Always Remembered

Is it official or speculation? I can't find any press release.
    Last edited by Chipper; 12-08-2005 at 08:03 PM.

Default Here's The Press

BLAZERS MAKE COACHING CHANGE

KAMLOOPS, BC - The Kamloops Blazers announce that as of today Mark Ferner has been relieved of his head coaching duties. General Manager Dean Clark will also assume the role of Head Coach for the remainder of the season. Assistant Coach Ryan Thorpe remains on the coaching staff.

The Blazers Board of Directors made the decision to proceed with a coaching change following reports made by Clark, CEO Gerry Bell, and the board's Hockey Committee during a board meeting on Wednesday.

Ferner leaves the team with a regular season record of 35-41-6-2 since taking over as Head Coach in November of 2004. He was 4-8 in 12 career playoff games behind the Blazer bench.

Clark returns to the bench with a career coaching record of 318-194-55 in the regular season and 61-45 in the post season
    The Tradition Returns

I am thinking Thorpe will take over next season...he had a stellar record with the BCHL Surrey Eagles, before he bolted for the Blazers. He is young, but he knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan71
    I am thinking Thorpe will take over next season...he had a stellar record with the BCHL Surrey Eagles, before he bolted for the Blazers. He is young, but he knows his stuff.
    That would be my guess to, on the tv news tonight board of directers were saying what I have been complaining about, that the team was not responding to his coaching and thing were getting worse,now we will see if this makes a difference. I think the amount of empty seats in the building probaly helped towards the decsion to, the last game they annouced I believe around 4600 but I bet there might have 4000 there. this organization is in a real tail spin and its not over yet

Icon32 This weekend?

The Blazers have two big games this weekend Friday agaiinst PG who just pulled 1 point ahead to them into 4ourth in the BC division and then Saturday against the Rockets who they hold a perfect record against this season it will be interesting to see if Dean can get them rowled up for these two games if they win look out Vancouver and Kelowna as the Blazers could be back in the hunt after the weekend if they drop these weekend decisions look for there to be a possible trade early next week to shake this team up

On another note the head coach position should be given to thorpe i have a faith in him lets see what he can do after have great success in Surrey

Ferner Finally Fired I'll drink to that
    The Tradition Returns

One of the problems that "community" owned teams have is that there always seems to be a ton of bosses. No matter who is the chair, everyone wades in knee deep with opinions. Sometimes, to turn things around, someone has to step in and buy the team. This way you have 1 opinion running the team. It certainly sounds like this is the situation in Blazerland.
    Drop the Puck