15 45.45%
  • 8000 capacity

2 6.06%
  • 9000 or Bigger

6 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Arena Poll

Default New Arena Poll

WOuld would you think be the ideal size for a new rink In medicine Hat.

I forgot to mention........for each option

5000..expandable to 6K
    6000 expandable to 8K
    7000 expandable to 9K-10K

8000 expandable to 10K

9000 expandable to 12K

My drunkeness laughs at me
    Last edited by Tiger Trauma; 12-10-2005 at 12:12 AM.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Probably 6-7000 would be ideal.

Maybe expandable to around 8-9,000 to increase the odds of landing a Memorial Cup.

lets not fool or kid anybody, if you can't guarentee 10,000 seats, you wont even be considered as a Memorial Cup bid.
    Drop the Puck

Kelowna rink...I believe its seats 6000...and they hosted it 2 yrs ago...
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

The JLC in London seats 9000. The Moncton Coliseum only seats 7000.

If you limit yourself to 10k+ arenas, then only six cities in the WHL would have a shot at the Memorial Cup: Seattle, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Calgary and Saskatoon.

Other than Ottawa, I'm not sure anyone else in the OHL has an arena that holds 10k.

Quebec City has the only QMJHL arena I am aware of that holds 10k+.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Trauma
    Kelowna rink...I believe its seats 6000...and they hosted it 2 yrs ago...
    Yep. Prospera Place can hold about 7000-7500 when they pack standing room people in. I think in the case of MH a 7000 seat rink would be ideal. That size will bring in good entertainment(other then hockey). Everyone in Kelowna thinks that we should have a bigger arena only because the Rockets have been doing very well the last few years. I would put money on it that 30% of the season ticket holders will jump off the bandwagon when the Rockets go through a rebuilding phase.

You MH fans are crazy about the Tigers so I don't know if that same situation would apply.

I think around 7000 is a good spot ...because it will give the fans that stand outside and pay probly double the face value ( on some nights ) to get a chance to come on in. But would also allow the season tickets. The only problem with the bigger rink will be that ...there wont be the same atmosphere, just simple because its the same people in the same seats every year. People have become friends just at tiger games no where els
    nhl Go Tigers Go

Quote Originally Posted by IamBatman
    You MH fans are crazy about the Tigers so I don't know if that same situation would apply.
    I dunno. I've seen games in the Arena with 1800 people in the stands. It has yet to be proven whether or not the city will continue this level of support for the team when Maser isn't giving away season tickets at $200 a pop or the team isn't contending for the top spot in the WHL.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagonboy
    I dunno. I've seen games in the Arena with 1800 people in the stands. It has yet to be proven whether or not the city will continue this level of support for the team when Maser isn't giving away season tickets at $200 a pop or the team isn't contending for the top spot in the WHL.
    Really? Shows what I know. I have always been told that you can't buy a ticket for any games in MH. Well there ya go. I learned something today. Daily quota filled...

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagonboy
    I dont know about that ...you show me a game in the last what 3 years that they havent sold every ticket. Close to every seat is occupied and if it isnt their probly standing. This city supported them through the rebuilding stage. Im pretty sure that they will continue to support them, specialy now that they seem to have a solid foundation for a couple years. And for the season tickets the waiting list is at about 300-400 people now, just to get them. The bigger rink would give those people a chance to get the season tickets and also the people that dont want to spend on the seasons passes a chance to come out a cheer on the tigers, rather than listening to bridley call the game
    nhl Go Tigers Go