• 7000 Capacity

15 45.45%
  • 8000 capacity

2 6.06%
  • 9000 or Bigger

6 18.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Arena Poll

ID be careful with too many seats. Mh isnt growing at an alarming rate, so theres only like 55000 people their. Is that enough people to support the tigers if they dont do so well for a couple years. You dont want to have a scenario like saskatoon where when u know u can always get a ticket, you dont have to buy season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfan96
    I dont know about that ...you show me a game in the last what 3 years that they havent sold every ticket. Close to every seat is occupied and if it isnt their probly standing. This city supported them through the rebuilding stage. Im pretty sure that they will continue to support them, specialy now that they seem to have a solid foundation for a couple years. And for the season tickets the waiting list is at about 300-400 people now, just to get them. The bigger rink would give those people a chance to get the season tickets and also the people that dont want to spend on the seasons passes a chance to come out a cheer on the tigers, rather than listening to bridley call the game
    For the last three years the team has been pretty decent. Last year they were outstanding. The year before that they were outstanding. The year before that they were almost a .500 hockey club, 3rd in the division. Not a barn burner of a year but remember season tickets were also being sold for well under the league average. It's easy to sell the rink out when the team is good or the tickets are cheap. We don't know how much support the city will lend the team in a couple of rebuilding years when the tickets are still at full price. I don't think this city will sell 4000 seats a game if the team rebuilds for 2-3 years. We can't expect the Tigs to be this good forever. A day will come when the team will suck. Look back to before Maser held that $200 season ticket package fire sale at what kind of support the team had. At that time they were struggling to hit 3500 people on most nights.

Quote Originally Posted by IamBatman
    Really? Shows what I know. I have always been told that you can't buy a ticket for any games in MH. Well there ya go. I learned something today. Daily quota filled...
    You can't buy a ticket now, but back when the team missed the playoffs 5 years running attendence plummeted and Maser started selling season ticket packages for $200. As support increased the price on the season tickets slowly went back up, and today it is at about league average. But back in the 90's when the team wasn't great there were nights when there were only 2000 or so people at the game. And the city wasn't that much smaller then. Population is only about 5000 people more or so.
    Last edited by bandwagonboy; 12-16-2005 at 08:44 AM.

True...but those were some lean years.....Its tough to say what would happen in the future......If only we had a time machine...lol
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

hawksfan55 Guest

Default and

groups of fans coming from out of the area to beable to see the game that thier team playes in . as we winterhawk fan that are coming in jan most likely not to get to see.

Quote Originally Posted by RunTheGoalie
    Other than Ottawa, I'm not sure anyone else in the OHL has an arena that holds 10k.
    Ottawa only holds 9862. There are no arenas in the OHL that hold 10000+.

Quebec City has the only QMJHL arena I am aware of that holds 10k+.
    Halifax does too.
    The OHL Arena & Travel Guide: Featuring some WHL content!
    http://www.ohlarenaguide.com

I'm quite certian the Senators put over 10,000 into the Civic Centre their first two years in the NHL. Unless they've removed some seats since then? Regardless, the Corel Centre is there too.

Kinda surprised about Halifax. I thought they were more the size of London's arena.

Quote Originally Posted by RunTheGoalie
    I'm quite certian the Senators put over 10,000 into the Civic Centre their first two years in the NHL. Unless they've removed some seats since then? Regardless, the Corel Centre is there too.
    The Civic Centre has removed seats, the old capacity was 10,314 up until two or three years ago. The new seats are bigger and more comfortable but capacity has dropped accordingly.

And yes, the Corel Centre is there too, and could conceivably be used, but Ottawa had the Memorial Cup in 1999 so I don't think it will be going back this soon.
    The OHL Arena & Travel Guide: Featuring some WHL content!
    http://www.ohlarenaguide.com