Thread: Blades Vs Raiders

Post Blades Vs Raiders

The game Started out will PA putting on the pressure and their was only one fight between Dane Crowley and Josh Elder,I would give the descision to Crowley even though not many punches were thrown,but Crowley knocked Elder to the ice and landed on top of him. The Raiders put on the pressure again in the 3rd only trailling by 1 goal, Anton Khudobin saved the game for the Blades. The final score was Blades 4 Raiders 3 this win puts the Blades 4 points out of 1st place because Moose Jaw beat Medicine Hat,the Blades can pull within 2 points if they defeat Moose Jaw tonight.

Scratches for Saskatoon
    Craig Lineker
    Ryan Funk
    Adam Geric
    Chris Cloud

Saskatoon Blades Player Stats
    Evan Haw 1 Assist & 2 PIMS
    Nick Knudsen did not get on the scoresheet
    Dane Crowley 7 PIMS
    Brad Cole 2 PIMS
    Joe Barnes 1 P.P Goal & 1 Assist (in his return to the lineup)
    Walker Wintoneak 2 PIMS
    Justin McCrae did not get onto the scoresheet
    Devin Setoguchi 1 S.H Goal & 1 Assist
    Brandon Tidball did not get on the scoresheet
    Colton Gillies did not get on the scoresheet
    Aaron Bader 1 Goal & 2 PIMS
    Wacey Rabbit 1 Goal
    Ryan Menei did not get on the scoresheet
    Brett Ward did not get on the scoresheet
    Todd Panchyson did not get on the scoresheet
    Michael MacAngus did not get on the scoresheet
    Zdenek Bahensky 1 Assist
    Blair MacAulay did not get on the scoresheet
    Anton Khudobin 35 saves

Scratches for Prince Albert
    Justin Palazzo
    Brent Ottmann

Prince Albert Raiders Player Stats
    Mike Gautier did not get on the scoresheet
    Jeff May 1 Assist& 2 PIMS
    A.J Thelan 2 Assists & 4 PIMS
    Evan Schafer did not get on the scoresheet
    Kevin Tipper 2 PIMS
    Scott Doucet did not get on the scoresheet
    Mike Hellyer 1 P.P goal
    Brad Erickson did not get on the scoresheet
    Jarrid Dowhay did not get on the scoresheet
    Kyle Chipchura 2 Goals(1 S.H goal)
    Aki Seitsonen did not get on the scoresheet
    Ryan DePape did not get on the scoresheet
    Brett Novak did not get on the scoresheet
    Petr Cmorej did not get on the scoresheet
    Josh Elder 5 PIMS
    Ashton Hewson did not get on the scoresheet
    Kyle Howarth 2 Assists
    Dane Byers 1 Asssist
    Jesse Deckert 19 saves

Shots On Goal
    Blades-Raiders
    1st 9-11
    2nd 9-15
    3rd 5-12
    Total 23-38

Attendance

3 Stars of the Game
    1st Star-Devin Setoguchi 1 S.H Goal & 1 Assist
    2nd Star-Kyle Chipchura 2 Goals (1 S.H)
    3rd Star-Joe Barnes 1 P.P Goal & 1 Assist
    Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE; 12-11-2005 at 03:09 PM.

My twitter handle: @SaskHockeyFan23

Pirate005 Guest

I have to correct you on one thing. THe Blades can take over first tonight with a win over Moose Jaw. They are currently tied with 42 pts.

Ok thanks I was not sure if the Blades were tied or not because Moose Jaw due to the fact that the Warriors defeated the Tigers,anyway thanks for the correction.

I agree with your assesment of the game except for the fight. Sure Crowley got the takedown but he only threw 1 punch and Elder threw 4. None of these punches landed so I would call it a draw.

Iconwhl Fight....

Quote Originally Posted by Sabes
    I agree with your assesment of the game except for the fight. Sure Crowley got the takedown but he only threw 1 punch and Elder threw 4. None of these punches landed so I would call it a draw.
    I agree Sabes. I'd say Crowley landed 1 and Elder landed 2. Takedown for Crowley. Ill give it a draw.
    BLEED BLUE

Thumbs up Dec 28th

Wow this game was a very intense game,it was again one of the most exciting games that I have seen this season,and a typical Raiders/Blades game, the first period was scoreless. In the 2nd period Devin Setoguchi showed his scoring ability,as he scored both goals for the Blades(1 Shorthanded goal) There was one fight between Chris Cloud and Ryan DePape,both of them were attempting to throw big punces but very few,if any did connect,I would call this fight a draw,then with 10:37 left in the 2nd a major battle broke out by the Raiders net, I think that Brandon Tidball started the whole thing,some other people disagreed and said that Alex Archibald started it but,non the less it was entertaining and probably the turning point in the game. Alex Archibald was involved because when Brad Cole was taking on Kyle Howarth,Cole was all over him and did not let up,until Archibald came to the rescue,even then Cole still roughed up Archibald, I thought that Kevin Armstrong might have skated down the ice and came to Brad Cole's defence, He made the smart descision to not leave his net,because If he would have done that and be thrown out of the game,then the goalie who was called up in Khudobin's absence,Brennan Kirkness would have had the the pressure put on him to play well in goal. Wacey Rabbit then came to the Rescue of Brad Cole,by taking Byers away from the area,but Rabbit did not want to fight Byers,by the looks of it. He just held on to him,until the referee and linesmen came and separated them. Obviously there was still some unfinished business from the game last night in PA as the bad blood continued in tonight's game. One player in particular that got my attention was Dane Crowley's younger brother,Troy Crowley(for a 16yr old he looked AWESOME,also did not look out of place,he looked like a clone of Wacey Rabbit, or even Devin Setoguchi,(because of his speed) and had a good 1st game. The game became closer and closer as it progressed,near the end of the game it looked like the Blades were running out of gas(because both teams played each other last night. In the overtime PA was getting many scoring chances,but could not solve Armstong,Todd Panchyson scored the game winner on a goal that Jesse Deckert probabaly could have prevented. This was the start that the Blades were most likely looking for after the break, 2 wins on back to back nights, against the same team, and in this case it was the PA Raiders. Let me say one more thing, the ref In my opinion was not doing his job at times during the game.

3 Stars of the Game
    1st Star-Jesse Deckert
    2nd Star-Devin Setoguchi
    3rd Star-Brett Ward

Attendance
    Last edited by GBG BLEED BLUE; 12-29-2005 at 02:20 PM. Reason: adding to the game summary

Quote Originally Posted by GoBladesGo BLEED BLUE
    wow this game was a very intense game,it was again one of the most exciting games that I have seen thiis season,the first period was scoreless. In the 2nd period Devin Setoguchi showed his scoring ability,as he scored both goals for the Blades. Then with 10:37 left in the second a major battle broke out by the Raiders net, I think that Brandon Tidball started the whole thing,some other people disageed and said that Alex Archibald started it but,non the less it was entertaining and probably the turning point in the game. Alex Archibald was involved because when Brad Cole was taking on Kyle Howarth,Cole was all over him and did not let up,until Archibald came to the rescue,even then Cole still roughed up Archibald, I thought that Kevin Armstrong might have skated down the ice and came to Brad Cole's defence, He made the smart descision to not leasve his net,because If he would have done thatand be thrown out of the game,then the goalie who was called up in Khudobin's csence Wacey Rabbit then came to the Rescue of Brad Cole,by taking Byers away from the area,but Rabbit did not want to fight Byers,by the looks of it. He just held on to him,until the referee and linesmen came and separated them. Obviously there was still some unfinished businesss from the game last night in PA as the bad blood continued in tonight's game. One player in particular that got my attention was Dane Crowley's younger brother,Troy Crowley(for a 16yr old he looked AWESOME,also did not look out of place,he looked like a clone of Wacey Rabbit, or even Devin Setoguchi, and had a good 1st game. The game became closer and closer as it progressed,near the end of the game it looked like the Blades were running out of gas(because both teams played each other last night. In the overtime PA was getting many scoring chances,but could not solve Armstong,Todd Panchyson scored the game winner on a gaol that Jesse Deckert probabaly could have prevented. This was the start that the Blades were most likely looking for after the break, 2 wins on back to back nights against the same team,in this case it was the PA Raiders.

3 Stars of the Game
    1st Star-Jesse Deckert
    2nd Star-Devin Setoguchi
    3rd Star-Brett Ward

Attendance

good summary of the game except for one thing, when archibald jumped in it was to pull cole off howarth, but cole started swing at archibald so he swung back, and the 2 swung for a bit but it didnt last long.