Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: This is for all...

rinkrat Guest

Default This is for C.F.

"6.How much is admission? 10-18 bucks"
    Where are you getting your Giants tickets?
    Ticket master sells reds for $16.00 + 2.00 fee =$18.00
    golds for $18.00+ 2.00fee= $20.00

C.F Guest

Sorry. I'm a season ticket holder so I don't normally buy single tickets.

Brad Guest

Default Tri-City

Name: Brad

How long have you supported your team: 13 years.

1.Before the season started what were you hoping your team would achieve this season? First place in the U.S. Division and advance to the second round of the playoffs.

2.Now the season is half way through what have been your impressions of your team? They have underacheived. Good goaltending, great defensive core, good toughness, with a lack of skill and scoring capability up front.

3.Which players on your team are likely to cause the other teams the most problems? Shawn Belle because of his speed. Marcus Jonasen because of his combination of size and skill. Matt Schneider because of his size, reach and hockey smarts. Carey Price because he can steal games. Marc Conners for his tenacious forecheck.

4.What appear to be the strengths and weaknesses in your roster this season? Strength: Blueliners, goaltending and toughness. Weakness: Speed and goal scoring ability at forward, players not maximizing their strengths.

Can you give us an idea of how your team rate in the following areas:

Netminders: Above average - Price; Average - Olynyk.
    Defence: Excellent.
    Forwards: Above average for size and toughness; below average for speed and skill.
    Coaching: Above average.

5.What is the overage player situation currently like on your team, who are the overagers on your team and what type of players are they?

Current Situation - Three Overagers.

Marcus Jonasen - European; Captain. Great size (6'4" 220 lbs) combined with above average skills. Plays physical, but doesn't fight.

Dylan Stanley - Smallish center, with average skating skills. Easy to knock off the puck. Good passer and good vision. Is an above average player when he works hard and keeps his feet moving. When not working or moving his feet he is an average player at best. Wears an "A", but I don't consider him a leader.

Andy Thompson - Pretty good set of tools. Average speed. Good toughness, questionable judgement about when to use it. Questionable confidence. When things are going good he will contribute in all facets. When things are going bad, don't look to him to lead you out of it.

About the Arena:
    6.How much is admission? Walk up admission is Adults $15, Seniors $12, Youth/Students $10. All seats in the area are the same price. Prices in U.S. dollars.

7.Is there a specific area within the arena usually populated by visiting fans? West end. Attacking end for the visiting team for the first and third periods.

8.How much is the match night program and what is it like? One dollar I believe, but it might be two. Nothing of value but the rosters. Print one from home and save yourself the money.

9.How would you describe the concessions and refreshments at your arena, what are the typical prices and is it value for money? Hamburger is like $4. Fries are probably $3. Soda $2-3. Decent variety (Chinese, Mexican, Pizza, etc). Its ovepriced, but not as bad as Spokane, Seattle, Portland. Beer is $5 for draft and I think it is a 20 ounce cup.

10.What is provided as pre-game and interval entertainment? No pre-game entertainment, unless you consider warmups as entertainment. Intermission is your normal stuff. Chuck-a-puck on Saturday night. Youngster hockey every three or four games. Rest of the time lame stuff. They do have a blimp that flies around and drops prize balls every intermission along with the mascot shooting t-shirts out of an air cannon.

11.How would you describe the atmosphere on match nights? On most nights this season...frustrated. It can be electric with a good crowd and the boys are banging.

12.And finally what chants are visiting fans likely to hear you sing? With the Chiefs in town, they will hear Spokane Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian eh
    It's kinda like roll call but it's information about your teams that people may not know about...I thought I'd see how this would go..
    Great idea!!! couldn't imagine where you got the idea or questions from!!
    Last edited by UKWheatie; 02-02-2005 at 05:59 AM.
    Just because I'm British it doesn't mean I know nothing about hockey!!!

Default Yeah..

I used it I thought It would go over well here seeing is there are so many posters that are registered.Thought that It would be a great topic.It wasn't registered on your site,which makes it touchable. so it's open to everyone.Yeah you may have came up with the idea but I changed it slightly.The response from all has been great.Very nice to hear about other teams like the ones out west and in the states.
    Last edited by Triton; 02-02-2005 at 12:56 PM.

We went ahead and expanded this a bit, and made a sticky post out of it in the Silvertips Forum here: http://whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=463

Other team mods ... please follow suit !
    Real Time WHL Score Updates ... Delivered to your Cell Phone, Pager or eMail