Thread: All quiet on the western front

Default All quiet on the western front

hello anybody out there??????
    Must be something going on
    Anyone impressed you so far?????
    Anyone really P***ed you off so far????????

So Far:
    Impressed:
    Levi Nelson: 9g-8a-17 points, good rookie numbers, smaller guy but plays bigger should be a role model for staying in the play while getting hammered around by bigger stronger players
    Kyle Bortis: Slow start, but coming along nicely till injury. WOW these two on the ice together as 17 yr olds very impressive, something fans to get pumped about for years to come.
    Kyle Moir: stands on his head over and over. 50 shots a game and still winning. Need i say more.
    Myles Rumsey: favorite player by far. been biased since he was a rookie and because we talk quite regularily and he is one of the nicest kids I've ever met. Blocks a ton of shots, does all the little things right, definitive leader.
    Josh Aspenlind: scoring as of late, someone as a 19 yr old needed to step up. Can hit, get the crowd going, something we need more of at home.
    Karl Benke: trying to make it as a heavyweight, needs to work on skating but is tough to do from the penalty box or middle of the bench.

Paul Postma: Solid as a 16 yr old, make some rookie mistakes, but could blossom into a great two way defenseman
    Need To See More Of:
    Grant Toulmin: Score in his first WHL game then is relegated to clipboard duty. Played 12 games so far, then has bad luck of a broken hand. This kid needs ice time.
    Travis Yonkman:Hasn't started at home yet. Has started against KTN, CGY, and KEL. wow throw him directly into the fire, three of the leagues top teams. Another guy lost because of injury, hopefully we will see him start some games in '06, he has to take over from Moir eventually, make sure he's ready.
    EuroPower: Rakos has been solid, throws some big hits, if he could only have the EN back vs EVT.
    Raffl has been solid as well and give the best interviews I have ever heard( shootout goals count, don't belive the internet)

We need to come back healthy, play hard, use our speed and play physical hockey. When this team comes out skating and hitting they can play with any team in this league.
    Let's come back, pack the barn, and show the west what Bronco hockey is all about.

4. Default Raffl

I agree with your thoughts on Raffl. Hearing him on the radio with his Austrian accent saying he wants "a Spongebob" for Christmas was hilarious.

rinkrat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 2,5,andagame
    hello anybody out there??????
    Must be something going on
    Anyone impressed you so far?????
    Anyone really P***ed you off so far????????
    I went to the recent Broncos game in Vancouver,Kyle Moir absolutely stood on his head.I can't believe he wasn't invited to the WJC tryout camp!
    Also Lucacevic was very good,this guy is a sniper.The team was riddled with injuries and showed some real grit and hard work.They never quit all game.This is going to be a great team soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2,5,andagame
    Paul Postma: Solid as a 16 yr old, make some rookie mistakes, but could blossom into a great two way defenseman
    Need To See More Of:
    Grant Toulmin: Score in his first WHL game then is relegated to clipboard duty. Played 12 games so far, then has bad luck of a broken hand. This kid needs ice time.
    Travis Yonkman:Hasn't started at home yet. Has started against KTN, CGY, and KEL. wow throw him directly into the fire, three of the leagues top teams. Another guy lost because of injury, hopefully we will see him start some games in '06, he has to take over from Moir eventually, make sure he's ready.
    EuroPower: Rakos has been solid, throws some big hits, if he could only have the EN back vs EVT.
    Raffl has been solid as well and give the best interviews I have ever heard( shootout goals count, don't belive the internet)

We need to come back healthy, play hard, use our speed and play physical hockey. When this team comes out skating and hitting they can play with any team in this league.
    Let's come back, pack the barn, and show the west what Bronco hockey is all about.
    I agree i think these two kids need to see alot of ice in the second half specially toulmin i have heard he has all the tools to be a whl powerforward now lets give him the opportunity to show us.. also Yonkman needs to get at least5-8 starts in this last stretch IMO.