View Poll Results: Should We Trade Moir?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 55.56%
  • No

12 44.44%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should The Bronco's Trade Moir

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ointhecreek
    Don't you think these kids would be doing these things if they were coached properly nomatter who was in net? I fell off the "support Dean at all costs wagon" after that pathetic perfomance against a sloppy Giants team. Come join the dark side!
    How many times in the last 20 years has a Vezina Trophy Winner (best NHL goalie) won a Stanley Cup? Twice (Brodeur and Fuhr). Only twice. Look back and you'll see Vezina Trophy winners usually play on teams around .500. A good goalie makes a team lazy. Junior hockey is all about motivation. Habscheid and Sutter coach the same systems as everyone, they're just better motivators. You're telling me the Broncos losing their "savior" isn't motivation?

I like Kyle and if he stays I'll be the first to get a Moir 30 jersey. It's a win/win for the Broncos in regards to Moir. If he stays he may steal a series. If he goes, it's a great motivator and who knows what we can get?

Default ahh ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Willis on the Welfare
    Hell yeah they should. I like Moir and he's my favorite player on the team, but he deserves to play for a contender, and it would better our team.

I'll say that again, IT WILL BETTER OUR TEAM.

You want Benke to start killing people in front of the net, put a young goalie that doesn't control the rebound as good as Moir and he'll have to. The defence will have to improve. You're pissed of about Hengen and Postma getting caught up ice? They'll hurry back to help out a 17 year old rookie. Moir is so good it hurts the developement of our d-men. They will have to block shots and pulverize oppostion forwards crashing the net. 50 shots against will get embarrassing.

Unless he really wants to stay, I say trade him. Think of what we could get. Foolish not to.
    I do agree that it would nice to see Moir play on a contender.
    As for the rest about the defense, a good coach would have his team playing good hockey regardless of who's in net! 50 shots will get embarrassing? We get outshot by embarrassing amounts already.
    Always Remembered

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper Carrot
    stealing a round

Hello
    Reality calling

Look at who the Broncos would play in the opening round. With the fire power of the Broncos. Kinda like an ice cube in hell.
    Reality called, and told me that stranger things have happened and that a hot goalie has been known to steal a round.
    But I do know where yer comin from.
    Always Remembered

Default Moir Staying Put

Unless Dean is pulling our leg, by what he said on the pre game show, Moir will not be going anywhere.
    Always Remembered

I do not think that Moir will be playing pro next season. All you have to do is take a look at Nashville's roster.

Vokoun is one of the top 5 goalies in the world. He's not going anywhere.

Mason is a pretty good backup who is coming into his own. Career backups come and go but Nashville has stuck with this guy for a while now and I don't see him leaving.

Finlay was a 6th overall pick in 1999. It was a weak draft by all acounts (Stephan as 1st over all?) but Finlay is now the starting goalie in Milwaukee and playing well. Could push Mason for a backup roll next year.

Rinne was the back up for his Finnish Elite league team and went 8-0 with 1.60 GAA. Currently the backup in Milwaukee. The kid is 23 and is 6 foot 5.

Teemu Lassila is a very highly touted Finnish goalie playing in the SEL this year. 23 years old.

From the glut of goaltending prospects in the system I cannot see Nashville letting Moir rot as a backup in the ECHL when he could be playing 50-60 games in the WHL. I think that we will be having this conversation again next year.
    I think Zidan only wanted to see what would happen if an Italian took a real hit.

Default Good Points

Quote Originally Posted by Oh-Vee
    I do not think that Moir will be playing pro next season. All you have to do is take a look at Nashville's roster.

Vokoun is one of the top 5 goalies in the world. He's not going anywhere.

Mason is a pretty good backup who is coming into his own. Career backups come and go but Nashville has stuck with this guy for a while now and I don't see him leaving.

Finlay was a 6th overall pick in 1999. It was a weak draft by all acounts (Stephan as 1st over all?) but Finlay is now the starting goalie in Milwaukee and playing well. Could push Mason for a backup roll next year.

Rinne was the back up for his Finnish Elite league team and went 8-0 with 1.60 GAA. Currently the backup in Milwaukee. The kid is 23 and is 6 foot 5.

Teemu Lassila is a very highly touted Finnish goalie playing in the SEL this year. 23 years old.

From the glut of goaltending prospects in the system I cannot see Nashville letting Moir rot as a backup in the ECHL when he could be playing 50-60 games in the WHL. I think that we will be having this conversation again next year.
    Your probally 100% right. The amount of games and leadership that Moir will get in the dub next year, will not hinder his development any and with the depth of goalies that you've pointed out, he'll probally stay put. thanks for all that, good post.
    Always Remembered