Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

chipchura being dealt just seems like a whole lot of wishful thinking. for every good reason to deal him there are as many reasons to keep him if you're p.a. if a kelowna or a kootenay were to land chipchura it might force other teams, particularily in the b.c. division, to re-evaluate their rosters.

Chipchura not only once (WHL vs Russia) but twice(World Juniors) names Comeau one of his assistants...........makes you wonder what Blake and Kyle are talking about in Vancouver.

PA trading Kyle(to good contender) would be doing him a service for all the hard work he has given PA.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango
    chipchura being dealt just seems like a whole lot of wishful thinking. for every good reason to deal him there are as many reasons to keep him if you're p.a.
    Hard to say, if PA keeps Chipchura, they keep a coveted NHL prospect to rot on their roster till they miss/get taken out in the first round of the playoffs, and there is virtually no possibility of him returning next season. If somebody wants him bad enough, they will give up some younger players that can benefit the team in the long run. Where it becomes tricky, is when you consider how much worse it makes the team, and whether or not they can have continued fan support until the end of the season.

if a kelowna or a kootenay were to land chipchura it might force other teams, particularily in the b.c. division, to re-evaluate their rosters.
    Which is why Kelowna or Kootenay would want to make this trade, and PA would make it too, as neither team could care less what the other teams in the BC division will have to do to compensate for the addition of Chipchura.

Trading Chipper makes more sense than keeping him.Why hold him back from success?I know P.A had a run last year but by the looks of things they aren't going to make the same noise this year.He isn't going to be around to help P.A out next year so you might as well get something for the next few years,whether it be picks or players that are younger.I don't think teams when they aquire a high profile player, care about what other teams are gonna do to boost their roster.You aquire these types of players to get an edge on the competition.I don't think Kelowna cares what Vancouver or Kootenay does,they are just gonna worry about their own cause.

Who knows what will happen,whether Chipper stays or not.I guess we will just have to see what kind of offers Clark has gotten and if any of them are right to help his hockey club,cause thats all the Clark cares about is how it effects his team.

Trading Chipchura and Thelen for Keller, Okefany, and Joe would be a huge mistake for PA. Doesn't make much sense. Keller's 19. Why would Kelowna want to part with one of the premier players in the league? Thelen has been one of the best defencemen I've seen play of late. The -18 plus/minus means nothing. Thelen is finally living up to the hype of being a 12th overall pick in the NHL draft. Thelen would be an excellent addition to the Rockets, as well as Chipchura. PA needs young prospects to replace these guys, not older players. These two guys will come with a high price tag and I'm interested to see what team is willing to part with can't miss prospects to acquire them. Because that is what it will take to get them. The next week will be very interesting to see who buys and who sells.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian eh
    Trading Chipper makes more sense than keeping him.Why hold him back from success?I know P.A had a run last year but by the looks of things they aren't going to make the same noise this year.He isn't going to be around to help P.A out next year so you might as well get something for the next few years,whether it be picks or players that are younger.I don't think teams when they aquire a high profile player, care about what other teams are gonna do to boost their roster.You aquire these types of players to get an edge on the competition.I don't think Kelowna cares what Vancouver or Kootenay does,they are just gonna worry about their own cause.

Who knows what will happen,whether Chipper stays or not.I guess we will just have to see what kind of offers Clark has gotten and if any of them are right to help his hockey club,cause thats all the Clark cares about is how it effects his team.
    a chipchura to kelowna deal makes perfect sense for the rockets. the b.c. division is extremely tight and adding a chipchura and some help on the defense can tip the balance in their favour.

a chipchura to kelowna deal makes less sense for the raiders. it's looking more like the blades could finish in 1st. the raiders have played them tough all season and could upset again. once you get in the playoffs all bets are off and anything can happen. the playoff revenue for even one round is important for a community owned team like the raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango
    a chipchura to kelowna deal makes perfect sense for the rockets. the b.c. division is extremely tight and adding a chipchura and some help on the defense can tip the balance in their favour.

a chipchura to kelowna deal makes less sense for the raiders. it's looking more like the blades could finish in 1st. the raiders have played them tough all season and could upset again. once you get in the playoffs all bets are off and anything can happen. the playoff revenue for even one round is important for a community owned team like the raiders.

We'll have to see what happens on the 10th or before.

Unhappy Kyle Moir

Have you guys ever thought of trading for Moir? He is one of the leagues best goltenders in the WHL and I think on a better team would of got a invite to the World Juniors. I watch him here in Swift and think he deserves to go to a contender. We are strong at goltending for the next years and going no wear this year we could use some young talent. Just a thought would like to hear your opinion!!!!!!!!would hate to see Moir go we amy not win another game all year.

Quote Originally Posted by minirep
    would hate to see Moir go we may not win another game all year.

Yeah..you'll beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian eh
    Yeah..you'll beat us.
    And don't forget us!