Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pats trade rumours and speculation

Default Pats trade rumours and speculation

i dont see the Pats making any big moves....but another Defenceman couldnt hurt we have alot of offensive talent and with Kalus and Tolpeko coming back in jan (Kalus prob this weekend and Tolpeko towards the middle to the end of jan) with the raising of Bernhardt (15 goals) Duval (4g 7a for 11pts in his past 9games) Robinson (16 goals) and some strudy play all season by K.Ross (10g 15a for 25 pts) and Festerling (11g 19a for 30pts) then go and insert Kalus (21g) and Tolpeko (28 pts in 21games) we then should have a strong offence.......and lets not forget about Deck (2g 25a for 27pts) our defence isnt that bad at all very strong for having a avg age of 17.5 yrs of age...to be honest our goaltending hasnt been there lately for us

if u ask me though i dont have a clue who else i would trade.... Reinhart isnt there to be offensive him and Fauth are our most physical players on the back end (who can actually stand up for themselfs or others) personally i think if we could get a decent Defencemen that is 18 i would trade Schira sure he is a very good 17 yr old but u gotta trade something to get something

this is just my opinions on our team u can pretty much guarantee that we will get at least 1 more injury this season (its part of the game) so to have a little more depth especially on the back end will not hurt us at all just improve us as a team....

1 thing i do see happening though is the Pats sending J.MacDonald down to AAA hockey, with R.McDonald playing so well how can u send him back down to the SJHL plus he has helped really improve Duval's play since he came back to the team........

would love to see other peoples opinions on what i had to say im not saying im right or wrong about anything i said here just love to hear someone elses imput on what i said plus hear there own side of what they think would help us as a team for this yr and yrs to come...
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 01-05-2006 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Seems appropriate

Patsdude... I agree with the "no big moves" but I think if the right deal is there for Parker he wont hesitate to pull the trigger on a deal.

I also agree with the fact the Pats have a decent offence but... without Tolpeko and Kalus the Pats just don't have the horses to play with the "big boys". I think adding another scoring-type forward to the mix would help ease the burden that the Pats have placed on the Imports and select few forwards that carry the brunt of goal scoring.

Now that the Pats have traded Patterson they have only 7 "healthy" d-men... Deck, Reinhart, Schira, Fauth, N. Ross, MacDermott and Pyett. They could definitely add a d-man to their roster... hopefully one with much needed size and experience. So I too would pick up a d-man.

With the goaltending situation being the way it is David Reekie is an alright goalie but as of recently he has been more of David "Leakie" than Reekie. Rowat has played alright (take into account he is 16 and he is a good back-up). So if there is an upgrade available for Parker he might just have to take it or take a chance with the Pats current goalies which wouldn't be too bad either. The Pats need to get healthy (just like many other teams in the league).

But all in all... I will not speculate on who might be moved by the Pats and start a whole bunch of rumors like on many of the other boards. Like I said before... I would really like the Pats to add some scoring depth and another d-man and maybe a goalie (if it's an upgrade). But that's just me.

Kevin

Oh ya... I forgot to bring up the Jason MacDonald to AAA. I would like to see him sent down to AAA so he can play a ton of minutes and become as much of a force he can. But I don't see Parker doing that half-way through the season. Ryan McDonald's time with the Pats might just be an audition for trade possibilities... I dunno... I guess that's one reason why I'm not a GM.

Kevin

i've read in a couple different places now hanzal might be staying in north america. if it's true and he comes to the pats will they trade his rights, or deal tolpeko?

I have watched Hazel play (on TV) a couple of times. I think he has a lot to learn if he wants to be successful on a North America ice surface. He is very talented, but to choose him over Tolpeko (a proven WHL performer) might be a mistake. In either case it will be a rent a player because after this year both will be moving on to higher levels of hockey.
    I guess it would depend on which team is willing to trade and who they would be willing to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango
    i've read in a couple different places now hanzal might be staying in north america. if it's true and he comes to the pats will they trade his rights, or deal tolpeko?
    I too have heard that now...but don't expect him to be with the Pats for very long if true. Kalus and Tolpeko are getting the job done this year...and well. Hanzal coming staying in America would mean the Pats have a bit more spending money. But then again, both Hanzal and Kalus could possibly see themselves in the NHL next season with the possibility of coming back, while Tolpeko is 20, and wont be back. But like I said, they are not going to give up Tolpeko. They want to be buyers this season, and arent going to open up yet another 20yr old spot. If Hanzal is infact staying in America, expect to see him traded come deadline for something good...thats if other teams are willing to give up an import or if a team has an open spot.

And I'll note on the WHL white board, 2cheeseburger(I think thats the name) posted this.

"Martin Hanzal has decided to remain in North America.

Regina Pats have agreed to trade his rights.

Front runners in the deal are Red Deer, Kamloops, & Portland."

Not totally sure on the whole situation quite yet, but we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Fight Guy; 01-05-2006 at 02:14 PM.

Number_4 Guest

If that is the case with Hanzel, then I can see the Pats keeping their current euro's. I would like to see the Pats get something for him, because as it stands he is a wasted draft pick, which sucks.

As far as other trade rumors/speculation... I really dont like to play guessing games. I know it would be nice to trade away the weaker players, and get great ones back, but that just doesnt happen in real life. Im sure whatever Parker decides to do it will be just great for the team (EXTREME SARCASM)....

Default inside info from a pats players on a trade

at last nights game i was told by a pats player (who was scratched) that the pats management were in a meeting during the 2nd and 3rd period due to Kamloops BLazers contacting the pats with Dubnyck....if this is true and the pats landed Dubnyck we would instantly become the favorite to win the east we have a good team in place just dont have a goaltender but with Dubnyck we ould have a solid goaltender with a sturdy defence...when our defence make a mistake now Reekie cant bail them out with a big save thats y our defence doesnt look real good, but we do have a solid defence.....

if a trade does go through for Dubnyck pat fans can expect a nice playoff run, something we havent had in a looooooong time....did anybody else hear anything about this at the game last night or any other possible details on trades

Personally, i dont think the players would have much info on trade details, let alone knowing about a trade at all. But if that is true, that would be very good for the Pats. Everyone is getting on Reekie's back, but he isnt a very bad goalie. He is just unconsistant at times. Dubnyck would likely fix that.

Default Halifax - What is his status?

I know Halifax left the team on the US trip and was reflecting upon his brother - but has he hung up the skates or could he traded for a draft pick? It seems to me the Pats could use a couple of later picks after (Fauth for -5th round), (Senseman for -6th round), (Tolpeko for -8th Round), (Patterson +7th round)
    Last edited by nivek_wahs; 07-19-2013 at 11:33 PM.