Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pats trade rumours and speculation

We got a 7th rounder back I believe when they traded him to Prince George.

Default The Pats are -2 in draft Picks

I show the picks that the Pats gave away as a "-" and the ones the they got as a "+" the end result of their roster moves is they are down 2 later round picks....
    Last edited by nivek_wahs; 07-19-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Oh...I see. Didnt catch that.

Bran Guest

I don't think it happens very often that players know what's going on with trades. I've heard from players in the past that "this might happen" or "that might happen" but I'd say them being right happened about 20% of the time. They're on the inside and they hear things and speculate like anyone else, but I think they're pretty much kept out of the loop. What happens if a deal falls through? There's no point in getting players worked up until it's for sure.

I was at the game tonight against Brandon and in the first intermission I was standing next to a couple guys that looked to be scouts, they were discussing the play of Festerling and K. Ross in particular and the one had a sheet with both their names along with quite a few notes underneath each name. Parker was also hanging around chatting a little bit with these two about the play of Festerling and Ross.....Parker was on his cell phone non-stop throughout the game. There's no doubt the Pats are lacking in a couple areas and I think a guy like Festerling could definately be on the block since he's a guy that some of the top teams could really use in a long playoff run.

My opinion - I seriously don't see the Pats trading Festerling or K. Ross (as mentioned by Pats11) as it would most likely mess the teams chemistry up in an extreme hurry. If the Pats do anything it would be just tinkering with the lineup and not substantially overhaulling it. I don't see any blockbuster type trades from the Pats but stranger things have happened.

If the Pats can get someone and/or picks for Hanzal that would be a major plus. The Pats only have 6 "heathy" dmen right now so maybe adding a veteran dman (preferrably a dman taller than 6'0) might be in the cards for Parker and the Pats.

I dunno, I guess that's why I'm not a GM.

Kevin

I don't see them trading Ross either I just saw these guys checking him and Festerling out, Festerling is the only one I could really see going as he would bring the most in return.

The Kamloops trade might have been a reality, but they were asking too much. Duval, one of the young d-men (MacDermot or Delahay) and I think a 3rd round pick in this year's draft. Too much for the Pats to give up for a 19 year old.