Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 Skaters

Default 16 Skaters

PA only dressed 16 skaters for Saturday night's game against Red Deer. Chipchura and Ottman didn't play. If one player gets hurt they can not field a complete roster. Why is it that they have such a small roster? If you look at other teams, they have around 5 more players on their roster. Any theories why PA has decided to go this route? Doesn't make much sense to me especially down the stretch when guys have bumps and bruises. You think it would be smart to have a few extra bodies for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by FELIX17
    PA only dressed 16 skaters for Saturday night's game against Red Deer. Chipchura and Ottman didn't play. If one player gets hurt they can not field a complete roster. Why is it that they have such a small roster? If you look at other teams, they have around 5 more players on their roster. Any theories why PA has decided to go this route? Doesn't make much sense to me especially down the stretch when guys have bumps and bruises. You think it would be smart to have a few extra bodies for this reason.
    the size of the roster is ridiculous but i dont think they can add another full time player if they dont get more bodies they are screwed !

I still want to see Boris Leckovic in a Raider jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabes
    I still want to see Boris Leckovic in a Raider jersey.
    For what reason?

sabes you just want to see boris, make some bone head plays to wake up the team he could do it.

Leckovic is physical and we IMO need that. Sure we have lots of big guys but we need someone that can go out there and hit anyone and everyone to energize the guys. Byers has turned into a scorer so he hasn't been doing it that much, Elder and Hewson just cycle the puck for their whole shift and our D-men rarely throw hits but when they do they are pretty good. Also Leckovic was a 2nd round pick so it's not like he has no talent.

sabes is right (hate to admit it tho) but PA has no real good body checker, Kozak did it last year same with fritz and schlenker they made you pay if you wanted to come down on them

this yrs d its like (i am the d-man) ok i got you now u wont get pass me, here you come just like i want to oops you got by me you won that round next time i got you

Round 2 here u come a gain now i know what you do this one is mine, yup just like i said same move ooops you got me ok ok ok best 3 out of 5

then we all cheer for the one time he stops him
    www.childrenswish.ca

we need our guy to POUND THE LIVIN BULL PLOP OUT OF THERE GUYS MAKE EM PAY
    www.childrenswish.ca

Iconwhl

i would like to see vann, gross, smith stay where they are they are having good yrs with there clubs the kids need every confidece they can get it would be very tough on those kids to get use to i dif envoiroment ie. travel, compitision, billets, shcedual, school. let them deal with that next yr. not b4 playoffs
    www.childrenswish.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Sabes
    Leckovic is physical and we IMO need that. Sure we have lots of big guys but we need someone that can go out there and hit anyone and everyone to energize the guys. Byers has turned into a scorer so he hasn't been doing it that much, Elder and Hewson just cycle the puck for their whole shift and our D-men rarely throw hits but when they do they are pretty good. Also Leckovic was a 2nd round pick so it's not like he has no talent.
    leckovic is not as physical as you'd think. he's selfish and takes undisciplined penalties. he'd be more of a hinderance than a benefit for the raiders. you'd think he'd be out of the kozak mold but he's not. not in physical play, intensity, skills, or as an agitator.