Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 Skaters

The raiders easily get manhandled with no enforcers to come in do there job. we have guys like doucet, dowhay, hellyer who constantly are thrown around and no one in there to help out. This team seems to play with no heart. leckovic isn't the answer there must be some reason saskatoon got rid of him and swift and now everett. Leckovic be more of nusaince to our team as he was to the teams he was on. If he is a second round pick then why doesn't he stick to using the skills that got him drafted and play hockey. we need a tough guy but also has skills and brains to go along. this is just my opinion (not trying to start war)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyes
    we need our guy to POUND THE LIVIN BULL PLOP OUT OF THERE GUYS MAKE EM PAY

wildeyes you sound like pierre mcquire (tsn hockey analyst)
    Last edited by westbeach55; 01-24-2006 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyes
    i would like to see vann, gross, smith stay where they are they are having good yrs with there clubs the kids need every confidece they can get it would be very tough on those kids to get use to i dif envoiroment ie. travel, compitision, billets, shcedual, school. let them deal with that next yr. not b4 playoffs

I don't think they would turn down the oppurtunity if it came though. they need to get in some whl experience when better would it be to play them then now.

I realize it is tough to adjust for these kids, but what do the Raiders do? They need more bodies and maybe by adding Vann, Smith, Gross, and Lamb they might be more comfortable for next year. They will have learned Anholt's system and they will have the experience from learning from guys like Chipchura, Thelen, Byers etc. All 4 guys are having great years in AAA but maybe they need to step in and gain some experience at the WHL level. As we all know, PA can't go the rest of the way with the roster they have. Leckovic would not help, except maybe for the entertainment value. Maybe he can help out with the mascot. That's about all he's good for. Hey canadian eh, since you're buddies with Clark, maybe you should ask him what his plans are with the roster and the team in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by FELIX17
    Hey canadian eh, since you're buddies with Clark, maybe you should ask him what his plans are with the roster and the team in the future.
    Who said I was buddies with Clark?I dispise the man.I only talked to him a couple of times when he was standing at the top of the sections.I wanted to know what was going on thats all.Clark is a poor GM..but there is worse out there I imagine.

I thought he was your buddy too. You always know lots about him..

http://www.raiderhockey.com/pages/ar..._roster_pr.php

i guess they are adding gross and lepp for the moose jaw game, a one game fix. that means gross has played 5 games as an A.P. how many more can he play ?

Because they are both 16 year olds and not 15 year olds, they can suit up for any amount of games. It is the 15 year olds who can only play 5 games (Trach and Tendler).

Howarth has played 5 games for Selkirk and has 5 goals and 9 assists for 14 points. Why couldn't he play like that when he was in PA?

Quote Originally Posted by FELIX17
    Because they are both 16 year olds and not 15 year olds, they can suit up for any amount of games. It is the 15 year olds who can only play 5 games (Trach and Tendler).

Howarth has played 5 games for Selkirk and has 5 goals and 9 assists for 14 points. Why couldn't he play like that when he was in PA?
    a.p.'s can suit up for as many games before the trade deadline, post deadline a.p.'s can only do four more games if they're 16. when their regular team is eliminated from further play they may join their whl team and play an unlimited # of games.

15 year old a.p.'s are limited to four games for the entire season.

i don't have a rule book so if someone can clarify this great.

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango
    a.p.'s can suit up for as many games before the trade deadline, post deadline a.p.'s can only do four more games if they're 16. when their regular team is eliminated from further play they may join their whl team and play an unlimited # of games.

15 year old a.p.'s are limited to four games for the entire season.

i don't have a rule book so if someone can clarify this great.
    Really? I didn't know this. So now their affiliated 16 year olds are treated as 15 year olds for the remainder of the season until their team is eliminated? I was pretty sure that listed 16 year olds (1989's) could be recalled anytime and play as many games as required by that team. Anyone else know the rules and maybe could clarify this?