Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: raiders bantam draft 2006

Default raiders bantam draft 2006

safe to say we will be picking top 10 (hopefully not top 5). do you guys think they would try to go for the kid from prince albert ?

1. Jared Cowan, Sask. Contacts Midget AAA
    2. Ryan Howse, Prince George Bantam AAA
    3. Scott Ramsey, Abbotsford Bantam AAA
    4. Cole Penner, Medicine Hat Bantam AAA
    5. Collin Bowman, N. Shore Winter Club Bantam AAA
    6. Shane Harle, North Shore Winter Club Bantam AAA
    7. Brodie Melnychuk, Notre Dame AAA
    8. Jeff Regier, Abbotsford AAA
    9. Linden Vey, Naicam AA
    10. Brant Henry, Norton Prince Albert Pirates Bantam

Top Ten as rated by the International Scouting Service

Iconwhl Wanted: Future Goal Scores - Apply Within

Let's hope they are able to draft some future goal scorers as it is apparent that is what is lacking this year, although that won't help us for about two years from now.

You'd be better off taking Vey instead of the kid from P.A.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian eh
    You'd be better off taking Vey instead of the kid from P.A.
    what does one have over the other ? i have never seen either play

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoabram
    what does one have over the other ? i have never seen either play
    The both skate very well.Vey has better game sense,and is a sniper.Vey has good passing and skating skills and backchecks helping out in the defensive zone.Norton does play the body more,but upon playing the body,sometimes finds himself out of the play or turning the puck over.Although both are having good seasons with their respected teams,Vey does lead the league in scoring by a ton.As for size..I'm not sure what they weight in at or how tall they are.

Vey has 42 goals and 40 assists in 20 games (first in the league) for Naicam who is 11-7-2 good for 6th place.Brant Henry-Norton has 15 goals and 25 assists and 61 PIM in 18 games played for the 2nd place Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan17
    (im a little bitter today....lol)
    Understandably so.Anholt I think,will be gone if the Raiders miss the playoffs..and for some,they hope they miss the playoffs so he will be canned.What are your opinions regarding the status of the coaching staff?

I sit not too far from the Raiders bench,and Anholts methods of motivating his players are wrong.Kicking your players in the a$$ and yelling at them telling them that their all crap,that is no way to get respect from your players.Putting fear into your players does not work I'm sorry.No wonder they don't want to play for you Anholt..they are only playing for the fans..they could now care less about you Peter.Putting them down in the paper doesn't help either.Just my opinion.

I agree with you, whatever he is doing is not working. Something must be done. We need to start scoring some goals. With all of the talent we have, we should be scoring goals.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian eh
    Vey has 42 goals and 40 assists in 20 games (first in the league) for Naicam who is 11-7-2 good for 6th place.Brant Henry-Norton has 15 goals and 25 assists and 61 PIM in 18 games played for the 2nd place Pirates.
    isnt vey playing bantam aa not aaa ? what about henry-norton ? is he in aa or aaa ?
    that could explain the stats being differant

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoabram
    isnt vey playing bantam aa not aaa ? what about henry-norton ? is he in aa or aaa ?
    that could explain the stats being differant
    Same league.Not sure if it's AA or AAA.If anyone knows please post what league?