Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans Visiting Vancouver - Information.

I sat in the 2nd row on the end once (right by..Dondo I think it was), and I wasn't impressed. I was really uncomfortable, and at 5'3 I'm a pretty small girl.

Default The seats are more tight now for a couple reasons

I sit in between the blue lines above the concrete barrier and before the new seats went in there were sixteen seats in the lower part of the lower bowl in the rows and fifteen seats in the upper part of the lower bowl. They stuck a extra seat in the upper part of the bowl plus these new seats have wider armrests than the old seats which means less sitting room. (Not to mention that when they put in the new seats some of them were put in leaning forward so less legroom than seats besides those seats). Hopefully that problem is being corrected in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear
    I sat in the 2nd row on the end once (right by..Dondo I think it was), and I wasn't impressed. I was really uncomfortable, and at 5'3 I'm a pretty small girl.
    you were still sitting in the old seats CB - I'm pretty sure

sucks for you NWB.. hopefully they do address those problems, cause an uncomfortable seat can take away from the enjoyment of the game and then translate into losing season ticket holders in some cases.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

I notice there's no info here about getting to the Coliseum by transit. Unfortuantely, it's not quite as convenient as access to BC Place and GM Place, both within a few minutes' walk of SkyTrain Stadium Station, but it's still not bad.

If you have ready access to SkyTrain from wherever you're staying, whether directly, by SeaBus, or by regular bus, ride to 29th Avenue Station (Expo Line) or Renfrew Station (Millennium Line), and get on the #16 Downtown bus - it runs fairly regularly straight up Renfrew and then turns west down Hastings. Hop off just before it turns, and follow the crowds northbound across Hastings and down to the PNE main gate.

If you're coming in from the Tri-Cities area (Port Moody/Coquitlam/Port Coquitlam), you can either get the #151 or #152 bus from Coquitlam Station (the West Coast Express station) to the Lougheed Town Center SkyTrain station and take the Millennium Line to Renfrew Station (see above), or take the #160 from the Coquitlam or Port Moody WCE stations; it goes along the Barnet Highway and onto Hastings Street, through Burnaby and right past the PNE.

From the North Shore (North and West Vancouver), find the appropriate bus route to the SeaBus station, then ride the SeaBus across to Waterfront Station, and take the SkyTrain to 29th Ave.

Complete route information and schedules are available at Translink's website at http://www.translink.bc.ca - you can put in the address you're starting from, the address you're going to ("Renfrew and Hastings" should work for a destination), and what time you want to leave or arrive, and it will give you a stop-by-stop itinerary suitable for printing You can also call them for route information (number on the website).

Quote Originally Posted by N.W. Bruin
    I sit in between the blue lines above the concrete barrier and before the new seats went in there were sixteen seats in the lower part of the lower bowl in the rows and fifteen seats in the upper part of the lower bowl. They stuck a extra seat in the upper part of the bowl plus these new seats have wider armrests than the old seats which means less sitting room. (Not to mention that when they put in the new seats some of them were put in leaning forward so less legroom than seats besides those seats). Hopefully that problem is being corrected in the offseason.
    I went to a game last year and was sitting behind the giants net 12 rows up and they were the new seats and they were so small I could barley sit in it and the leg room was non existent. My dad and the other person with us are much smaller than me and they found it very uncomfortable as well. We moved up to the top row in the fold down chairs. Any of the other times I went last year we sat in the first row of the blues behind the visitors net in the old seats but now I see they are all new and uncomfortable thumbs down.

Quote Originally Posted by dj-kris
    I went to a game last year and was sitting behind the giants net 12 rows up and they were the new seats and they were so small I could barley sit in it and the leg room was non existent. My dad and the other person with us are much smaller than me and they found it very uncomfortable as well. We moved up to the top row in the fold down chairs. Any of the other times I went last year we sat in the first row of the blues behind the visitors net in the old seats but now I see they are all new and uncomfortable thumbs down.

It all depends on where you are in the building. Not all seats are the same size and not all legroom is the same either.

If you stand at the top of a section when it is fairly empty and look down to the bottom you will see the difference in the widths of the seats.
    Vancouver Giants

05/06 BC Division & Western Conference Regular Season Champions

05/06 Western Conference Playoff Champions
    05/06 WHL Playoff Champions

06/07 BC Division Champions
    06/07 Western Conference Playoff Champions

2007 MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!

yeah we got lucky and have the wider seats and the front row has lots of leg room -- yea! but it's funny you should say this because I was looking around today and remembering how cramped some of the spaces are.
    My Vancouver Giants focused Blog

A Shot From The Corner

http://giantshockey.wordpress.com/

The uppermost rows aiso have lots of legroom, because the more seats that are in a row in between aisles, the more legroom(exit room) is required by Vancouver City By-laws...
    Warm Up the Bus....

when i was at the frans ferdinand concert back a few months we sat in row one and there was all kinds of leg room and get this the arm rests lifted up out of the way it was awesome
    Last edited by dj-kris; 11-07-2006 at 07:05 PM.

Is it still around 6.50 for parking and what is section M like for viewing?