Thread: League admits error in Glass incident

Default League admits error in Glass incident

The Western Hockey League office conceded that referee Ryan Thompson erred when he assessed Glass just a roughing minor as a result of an ugly encounter with the Swift Current Bronco's last Firday.

" It was a combination of a lot of things but definitely there been a bit of past history" Glass told the Kootney News Advisor. " When there's a few things that should've been taken care of on the ice that weren't, stuff can happen on the ice and emotions overflowed a bit."

" I was surprised that i didn't get a few more penalty minutes," said Glass, " but that was the way the ref saw it and i got back in the nets."

The way the ref saw it was wrong, said the WHL's chief disciplinarian Richard Doerkson.
    " There were certainly some other calls that should have been assessed on that situation, yes."

Well at least the league has admitted it's mistake. :burningma
    Last edited by Scout; 02-04-2005 at 09:44 AM.

Default What a joke

Scout,

Do you have any info on if the league plans to do anything about it or not? Or is the apology enough for the Broncos and their fans? (doubt it tho)

I find it extremely funny that even Glass was expecting more penalties and even a suspension, but nothing came.

Any thoughts to add?

Taz

Default League actions

I doubt the league will do anything. First off they had already told us they will not review the tape of Glass's actions and would only review Dean's water bottle throwing.

Second: They said they would stick by their ref's original decision. I think with Deans dad owning Kootney and with Swift really going to struggle to make the play-offs, i doubt if Dean will pursue it. First he would be hurting his dads teams postioning by getting his all star goalie suspended.

The interesting thing is that Richard Doerkson did make a public appology. I think the uproar from Dub fans was so great he could not just act like he was not aware of the incident. I also think this was to send the fans a message that he did review the incident and put it in the Bronco's lap as to whether they wish the league to reopen the issue. Personally i think it is now dead.

Scout

speedkills Guest

Default wow...

what is the league saying to Glass then? This is how 'primadonnas' are made. Because he's a 'star' he get's special treatment?

Kind of sad really...

I didn't see any of this incident but I've been reading a bit about it (a lot on the white board)...am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by speedkills
    I didn't see any of this incident but I've been reading a bit about it (a lot on the white board)...am I missing something here?
    Unexplainable!

Remember the past, live for the present, look to the future.

I support the TEAM no matter WHO is coach or on the board 'cause I AM A BRONCO FAN!!!!