Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T-Birds 1 @ Giants 4 Feb. 18th

Quote Originally Posted by Kassian
    He could've easily given an instigator in the McEwan and Hunt fight. Although it would've been worth it considering McEwan just layed out Brule. I was very happy with Hunt for stepping in. McEwan is a pretty tough customer and Hunt didn't even hesistate.
    I agree, but I prefer it when the ref doesnt in that situation.

I wish more refs would look at those situations and do what Kirk did, give Hunt an extra 2 but not the 10 min misconduct. I think that is the right call.

Hand out the instigator when a guy deliberatley picks a fight for no reason other then to get his team going, I think thats what the instigator should be for.

RETIRED JERSEY: #32 CHAD SCHARFF

Kassian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beaner
    I agree, but I prefer it when the ref doesnt in that situation.

I wish more refs would look at those situations and do what Kirk did, give Hunt an extra 2 but not the 10 min misconduct. I think that is the right call.

Hand out the instigator when a guy deliberatley picks a fight for no reason other then to get his team going, I think thats what the instigator should be for.
    Personally I feel the instigator is a terrible rule and it should be thrown out the window altogether. But obviously that isn't going to happen. But I agree, in a situation like that I agree with what Kirk did. Obviously Hunt was the aggressor but he was doing the right thing in a situation like that and it's nice to see he got rewarded by not getting the misconduct.

rinkrat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat
    Gilbert was on a mission too,he will be P.O.W. (MARK MY WORDS!)
    Yup,wasn't hard to see that coming!
    Way to go Gilbert...P.O.W. Thanks for all your hard work and entertainment,keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat
    Yup,wasn't hard to see that coming!
    Way to go Gilbert...P.O.W. Thanks for all your hard work and entertainment,keep it up.
    Double double, anyone?
    CHL POW?
    Tough competition- Alex Bourret from the Q had a stellar week of 9 and 5 for 14 with a +3.
    Warm Up the Bus....

rinkrat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Section_Z
    Double double, anyone?
    CHL POW?
    Tough competition- Alex Bourret from the Q had a stellar week of 9 and 5 for 14 with a +3.
    Nice to see Bourret doing well,I've been a big fan of his since he took out Bobby Ryan at the Prospects game last year!