Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cody Vann - Big Fight

Thumbs up Cody Vann - Big Fight

I heard from my reliable sources, that in the Thrasher's last game in Thompson, Manitoba, Cody Vann just destroyed Norman's big goon. Their 6'6" 220 pounder suckered Vann (6'3" 200) he dropped his gloves and with his first punch he broke the cage off the guys helmet, sent it flying, then he dropped him with the next punch, and then gave him an upper cut that sent the guy's lid flying off. Apparantly the guy was bleeding pretty bad too. I'm also told that this is Vann's third fight in the last two years, and he handled the other two without any problem.

I just thought I would share that with you guys, seeing how he is a Raider with a good chance of being there next year. I'm not saying he could do this in the Dub, though, but he is a strong 16 year old kid who likes to play it physical.

Vann now has 184 pims. PA has a few guys coming up that like the pims. They have a promising team down the road with a combination of scorers and physical players.

Default reinforcements could be on the way.

good for him these kids shouldnt take crap. it looks like trachs season is done on thursday night. so i hope he will be up for the rest of the year.looks like tendlers season will be done on sunday maybe he will get a look-see. smiths team made the playoffs though.and either lepp's season or lamb's could be done this weekend too, as they play each other n the playoffs this weekend.

[QUOTE=raiderfan17]vann tried to fight the last game here and took a penalty and never saw the ice again that game. i like the way all our young guys play. trach is mean and can play at this level already, palazzo is as grumpy as they come, lepp racks up the pims, gross can do it all , and smith also. tendler is also a big kid it will be nice when we see what he can do[/QUOTE

Trach layed that big hit against Swift Current. They chased him down and ripped off his helmet. He was just smiling. I love that cockyness
    From Parts Unknown

Trach layed that big hit against Swift Current. They chased him down and ripped off his helmet. He was just smiling. I love that cockyness[/QUOTE]
    that was such a great hit that kids gonna be great

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoabram
    Trach layed that big hit against Swift Current. They chased him down and ripped off his helmet. He was just smiling. I love that cockyness
    that was such a great hit that kids gonna be great[/QUOTE]

I don't think he'll be a superstar..you never know though,but I think he'll be like a Jon Kress type player that can do it all without putting up huge #'s.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian eh
    I don't think he'll be a superstar..you never know though,but I think he'll be like a Jon Kress type player that can do it all without putting up huge #'s.[/QUOTE]
    really ? i think he has more of an upside than kress. he has a lot to learn but he's pretty good for a 15 year old

Quote Originally Posted by canadian eh
    I don't think he'll be a superstar..you never know though,but I think he'll be like a Jon Kress type player that can do it all without putting up huge #'s.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, he'll be more of an impact player than Jon Kress. Kress barely made the team as a 17 year old and saw limited duty. He was released as a 20 year old. Trach is still only listed as a 15 year old and has played very well. Trach hits, makes plays, and can score goals in bunches. Jordan Trach will be a huge component of this team down the road. Andy Smith (who was an absolute steal in the Bantam draft in the 6th round), will also be an impact player in this league. Looking forward to seeing Vann, Trach, Smith, Gross, Lepp, Vigier, Tendler, Lamb, Oak, and Aime in a Raider uniform in the future.

He does have upside,and more than Kress,but I don't think Trach will put up big numbers.Maybe Byers type #'s.I think he's like Kress in the fact that he'll give you it all on every shift.Hit everything in sight,kill penalties,work the PP,hard forecheck,skate hard and occasionally drop the mitts,while potting a few goals.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan17
    trach will be every bit as good as colliton was only with a more physical side. it would be nice if he got to play with chipchura the rest of the year
    the more time he gets with chipper and byers the better. keep him away from polak though dont wanna see him pick up his habits