Thread: Woman's Hockey wins GOLD

Thumbs up Woman's Hockey wins GOLD

After all the talk about goals differential and getting the last change, it was all for not.

A little bylaw that states that if two teams had meet previously, the home team would then become the visiting team.

And so, Team Canada was the visiting team in the Gold Metal Game versus Team Sweden.

The end result, a Team Canada victory!

And it was nice that the color commentator mentioned BOTH woman's leagues of Canada.

Crosby rules Guest

Icon32

is there any truth to the rumor that the olympic committee will suspend women's hockey due to lack of competion?...............cause i guess cananda and the U.S. r too overwhelming. too bad so sad for those other countries.

I haven't heard anything. That is just a theory thrown out there by Cherry and there isn't anything to substanciate it.

Cherry was saying that the Euros run the IOC and since nobody but the US and Canada can compete in women's hockey that it will be canceled as an olympic sport the same way baseball and softball was canceled. I think he's comparing apples and oranges. Baseball and softball was canceled as an olympic sport because nobody outside of Japan and the Americas play them not because the Europian nations aren't medaling in them. Hockey is played all over Europe. Once countries other than Canada and the US plays lip service to women's hockey at a developmental level you'll see other nations challenge Canada and the US. Women's hockey will remain an olympic sport. Look at basketball. For the most part nobody comes close to the US but there's no talk of eliminating it as an olympic sport. As long as there's world wide interest it will remain a olympic event.