Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else embarrassed?

Default Anyone else embarrassed?

Besides me on our effort at the olympics?That has got to be the ****tiest performance at a tourny that I can recall.Don't know who to blame but I'am furious.

Pat Quinn needs to be fired.Why he was appointed the coach again I don't know.His Toronto team is crap.Why did Gretzky feel he could get this team going.Jeez I'm so pissed.

All thats left to say is..GO! Finland GO!...oh and GO! Brad Gushue's team in the Final.

Default No Heart!!!!

Well first off i am proud of all those athletes that competed in the olympics and gave there all. Sadly the mens hockey team seemed to take this as a vacation. Is it me or did they just seem not to care? It was the most uninspired hockey, unphysical, team (if you can call it a team). They lacked any speed through the neutral zone & seemed slower than everyone else. Also for a best on best i was expecting more open ice, there was none, it seemed like most teams just sat back. With that said there is nothing wrong with hockey in Canada, (except for maybe Quinn, never liked him), but can t wait to hear what others think.

canada broke my heart. simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoabram
    Your having tough luck today Danno.Salo,Jovo,Ohlund all gone due to injury..Canada loses,and tonight the Raiders will lose.It's enough to have a hockey fan wanna hang himself.Yeah I had to wipe the tears from my eyes after watching Canada ***** the place up...again.

They needed more youngsters on board that would come to play like it still meant something.
    Giants supporter since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    They needed more youngsters on board that would come to play like it still meant something.
    I think alot of teams weren't focused on how to win the tourny,it was probably more or less a strategy on how to stop Canada..and their mission was completed.In 2010 we will win.Different team,different coach,motivation,home ice advantage like never before.That Olympics could and will be our best medal count ever.Thats what I think anyway.Well at least WJ's won gold and the Women's Canadian team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoabram
    I hear that, But I still believe we sent the right team, as kelly Hrudey said "This team was built for 2 years ago" I believe that, this team just had a hard time finding an identity, and the lockout hurt alot of the guys who we thought would carry our team

am I dissapointed...YES so dissapointed, but in 2010 I think it will be a different story, this was probably the last olympics for our core group, and by 2010, Crosby, Staal, Speeza, Phaneuf, will finally be ready, and Luongo will likely be the starter, so we can just hope they develop, and bring the gold medal back to Canada
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Exactly.

At least our boys in the World Juniors, and our women at the Olympics lived up to the reputation.

I say next Olympics we skip the NHL'ers and play our Juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear
    Exactly.

At least our boys in the World Juniors, and our women at the Olympics lived up to the reputation.

I say next Olympics we skip the NHL'ers and play our Juniors.
    Just throw Medicine Hat or Vancouver in there and we'd shut em down.